Elric of Malignatius?

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Elric of Malignatius?

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:37 pm

In my semi-regular habit of pondering what I'd play in an FS game (if I were ever to play rather than GM) I was pondering creating a character based on Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone (one of my all time favourite fictional antagonists).

The question is how to reflect him in game? A Decados noble seems the obvious choice but are there any other ideas?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Elric of Malignatius?

Postby Angelman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Li Halan noble with a demon heirloom sword? (Note, I know very little about Elric or the setting)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Pre conversion Li Hilan is a good one. House Thana is another possibility. Decados, as you said.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:15 am

*slaps forehead* - unconverted Li Halan makes a lot of sense - thanks guys (this will of course probably end up as an NPC in my campaign...but hey :) )

Oh...and Angelman you should read some Elric (and the other Eternal Champions)... the right kind of weird fantasy ;)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:35 am

(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:30 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:35 am

Great idea!

I always loved Elric - the poor sod!
Talk about family issues :)

The whole time constraints issue is why I opted for audiobooks when driving to and from work. Only problem is that sometimes I take detours to finish a chapter :)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:31 am

Heh heh, that's funy, Bearman :)
Audiobooks is something I should look into. I neither have a car nor use of one, but there should be other times where I can get some audiofiction on! I wonder if one can listen to an audiobook while working (as in writing stuff)?
(numerous projects)

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:40 am

:)

Don't think it's compatible with any real work but doing dishes, mowing the lawn, doing laundry, tech-redeeming a toaster and such are all great times for audiobooks :)
Just beware the many crappy editions of ancient magnetic tapes converted to mp3s out there :)

But I'm getting off topic here! :)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:11 pm

I just started with Audible.com - I have to say that audible books is a good way to pass the commute. The books are too expensive though.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “For Players”