Guardians of the Fading Suns

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Guardians of the Fading Suns

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:02 am

So yes, I'm an unashamed Marvel fan (as well as Fading Suns, obviously...) and I absolutely love the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie. So how to reimagine the crew for FS? I figure on the following as a start point:

Quinn - Scraver "reclaimer of lost treasures"
Gamorra - renowned, cybernetically enhanced, Slayers guilder
Drax - Freeman with serious anger issues.
Rocket - "Changed" engineer
Groot - ..... The hardest to align to an FS character...Possibly a radical Changed, some sort of 2nd republic experimental golem or an obscure alien race (possibly an escaped member of a Vau subject race?)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aurin

Re: Guardians of the Fading Suns

Postby Aurin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:57 am

I think that's right. Depending on how close you want to match the theme, but Rocket could be a gannock yeoman engineer, or simply a changed. Groot could be a vorox, but I like the idea about being a golem or a Vau subject race. The Collector was definitely an al-Malik or Decados noble with his own menagerie...

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:42 am

I'd go Al-Malik for the Collector.

Avestite Ronan the Accuser?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 pm

Yeah, Ronan the Accuser would definitely be an Avestite. The singularity would be an Ur artifact that gave thuergic or psychic powers. With Ronan going in that direction, we should re-spec Gamorra. Rather than Slayers guild, she could be a Church Penitent or an Inquisitor Confessor. She turns on Ronan when he he turns out to be a crazy zealot.

Sir Marco

Postby Sir Marco » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Groot is obviously a symbiot tree that was cut off from the life web and grew a personality.

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Ha, I like that, Marco. Also, if we didn't want to go the Avestite route, Ronan the Accuser could easily be an Ukari terrorist and his acts are disturbing the human-ukari relations. Gamorra could then be an Ukari Slayers Guild assassin.

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Just watched GotG.

At the end of the movie I was perplexed how my actual FS campaign looks like the movie characters.
Got a Gannok (Rocket) that is trigger happy, builds stuff and hops on top of the Vorox(Groot), that charges towards the enemy, a changed (Drax) that is strong and uses claws and knifes and a mix of both female characters is Gamorra, a noble al-malik with tendencies of using her scimitar for most dealings and a pre-dervishe prana mad cook.

Man... I don't need Thanos on the table. =P
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Return to “For Players”