My new FS Revised game.

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Antra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My new FS Revised game.

Postby Antra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 am

So after the fourth session of our new FS game I thought I would post this. I'm running the game which is set along the frontier of the Known Worlds. It deals a lot with Barbarian space, particularly along the Vuldrok boarder.

Player Characters
Cmdr Hassan al-Malik - A landless noble who walked away from his House to touch the stars. Now a Charioteer, he divides his time between flying the Habeas Corpus and tweaking the Church's beard.

Chief Roderick "Goose" Guisman - A mysterious law giver with a blanked past. He is searching for his own answers while bring law to the lawless.

Lawrence Albert Waynewright VIII - He claims his family is a lost noble house that will be returned to their glory one day. He is the engineer of the Habeas Corpus and a determined law giver in is own right.

Sherrif (Manager) Leland Shepard - A devout law giver loyal only to the Throne and the Reeves, he has made it his life's goal to bring justice to those whom justice fails. He is the idealized law giver, sometimes too much so.

Currently the crew is on the hunt for a rogue Hawkwood wanted for attempted fratricide. They've chased him down to a forsaken place called Karcasson Station in the Twilight system. Once a hub of trade during the Second Republic, it's systems have been ravaged during Twilight's isolation and is now a husk floating in space barely capable of supporting life. It has attracted all sorts of life, particularly those who want no part of current governments, or those looking to hide.

Non-Player Characters
Ashley Jean Hawkwood - Wanted for fratricide. A slippery criminal who has thus far eluded capture at every turn, he is wanted for the murder of his eldest brother. Despite the 10,000fb bounty placed on his head by his second elder brother, Ashley has confounded the group at every turn by taking the non-violent path when escaping. Even if it makes things harder on him.

Baron Silus Hawkwood - Elder brother of Ashley Jean Hawkwood. He is seeking his younger brother to be brought to justice. To this end he has contacted the Reeves Guild to dispatch law givers to bring him in, dead or alive.

Rashim Murkimi - Kurga Slaver. A man without morals and a taste for the finer things.
Last edited by Antra on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My new FS Revised game.

Postby Bogie » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:07 am

Wow! Those are some great characters! Sounds like a fun game!
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:01 am

I love it that you've got Reeves characters in your group - those guys are really under represented :)
The story sounds like lots of fun! A sort of wild west manhunt. Very cool!
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I'm envious of your group, Antra. I too want to play in this game :p

And thank you very much for you feedback. It is very much appreciated and quite inspiring :D
(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 am

I can't answer to that (I have no idea or authority in this respect). I do hope we'll see an upswing in FS interest in 2014 however. There's a scenario book coming up soon-ish, and a couple of other cool products in the making too. Baring real life and other pitfalls, 2014 should see several cool FS releases :)
(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:12 am

Yeah. Once I get the PG re-release taken care of and get the GMG in actual print I plan on trying to do a bit of an Internet media campaign to see if we can get the word of the game back out there and hopefully get the interest back up.

I'm also putting together some "freebie" stuff to put on the web to help with things like character creation and other fun things like that. I could definitely add a play-by-post forum if there was interest in people using it.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Antra

Session Update

Postby Antra » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:02 am

So we had a great session tonight, we added two new players this evening.

New Player Characters
Solanae Serande - A slave on the run. She is a woman of seduction and a viper in the grass. But she is also a woman of secrets and personal fears.

Sir Angelo Shelit-Decados - Big game hunter extraordinaire and one of the Known Worlds worst womanizers. The tales of his conquests are legendary, even if no one can find anyone who admits to being with him.

Having tracked Ashley Hawkwood to the the rotten underbelly of Karcasson Station, a place known as the Lower Wards, the crew of the Habeas Corpus followed the trail to one Rashim Murkimi. The fat corpulent slaver was quick to cut a sly deal, if the law men would track down his lost property, he would point them toward where the rogue noble had gone. Thus the Posse, as they have started calling themselves, began to follow the trail of this lost slave. (This lead to perhaps best and most dramatic quote I've ever heard playing FS. Which I will post the scene for later.)

In what used to be the old Promenade, the Posse were able to locate the runaway slave Solanae Serande, who's only saving grace was her quick wits and faster tongue. She pointed out that the group had been swindled by Murkimi, who had already taken Hawkwood's coin to get him off the station. Having less than a three solar days to track down their target, the group was forced to accept Solanae's help in finding the rogue noble. To this end, she led them Sir Angelo Shelit-Decados.

This has set up an interesting group dynamic as Sheriff Shepard is a no nonsense by the books lawman and Sir Angelo is anything but. Despite his attitude, Sir Angelo lived up to the hype and was able to guide the group to a rusted out old reclamation station that had been reclaimed as a bar (appropriately called the <expletive deleted> hole). After laying low for a little while, the Posse caught sight of Ashley Jean Hawkwood meeting with small retinue from Murkimi. This descended into a good old fashion western bar fight, with Hawkwood escaping during the commotion. We ended with Sheriff Shepard, Sir Angelo, Chief Goose, and Cmdr al-Malik mopping up the bar fight while Waynewright and Solanae entered into a chase through the twisting labyrinthine halls of the Lower Wards in pursuit of Hawkwood.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:13 am

Why can't I ever get my games to go so well? That sounds like a great adventure and I really like the variety of PC's and how they interact.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “For Players”