My new FS Revised game.

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Antra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My new FS Revised game.

Postby Antra » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:41 pm

So I said I would post my favorite quote from last session, so here it is. (I'll post the full scene later, have just a few minutes before Earthdawn)

Solanae backs up until she feels a piece of cold steel against her head. She slowly raises her hands where they can be seen. "You wouldn't shoot a lady now.."

Goose replies, "In the back, with glasses on, and unarmed. Now reach for the sky, you are bound by law."

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:21 pm

:clap:

That's certainly one of the best RPG quotes I've heard. Kudos to your group! :thumbup:
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 am

It was one of those sessions as a GM where I was gripped with terror the whole time as it seemed the players were constantly coming up with ways to try to ruin or cut short the plot. But it all worked out in the end.

As the fight in the bar started to get nasty (a bar full of criminals against two law men and a charioteer), Sir Angelo had a stroke of genius. Pulling out a sack of firebirds, he shouted at the top of his lungs "100 firebirds to each person who knocks out one of those guys," pointing at Murkimi's retinue. Seven victory points later and the tide of the fight had turned on the slavers, giving Hassan and Sheriff Shepard the chance to exit the bar in pursuit of Solanae and Lawrence. Meanwhile the escaped slave and engineer-turned-lawman chased Hawkwood through the Lower Wards. It actually was a pretty exciting chase with Lawrence's player narrowly missing hitting the escapee with his Dunehound, a leap across a section of destroyed floor, and the two players splitting up trying to head off their target. This all culminated with Hawkwood sucker-punching Waynewright by clotheslining him, knocking his slug thrower from his hand, and punching him out. That's when Solanae appeared behind them with Lawrence's gun in hand. Ashley tried to convince her of his innocence, hoping to play on her own slave past. When this didn't work, he used his Decados Groin Gun (hidden up his sleeve), to shoot the pistol from her hand. Which he neatly retrieved and field stripped before leaving her standing there in shock.

This lead to some great role play with Lawrence admitting to getting ambushed and being the brunt of some teasing from Sir Angelo, while the rest of the Posse tried to reconcile the obvious martial skill displayed by their target with what they were told by Baron Silus. After tracking the fugitive to the West Docks, they discovered they were too late. Murkimi had shipped Hawkwood off the station, which left the group with a dilemma, return Solanae to the slaver or try to track Hawkwood another way? The former slave quickly answered this question by stealing Sir Angelo's blaster and melting a hole in her former owner's belly. Now caught between arresting her for murder or accepting her help in decoding Murkimi's files, the Posse opted to suspend justice for now in pursuit of larger prey.

After returning to the Habeas Corpus, they left Karcasson Station under the direction of Solanae and headed toward Twilight, as Murkimi's files revealed that Hawkwood was attempting to escape to some old family holdings there.

And thus ended the session, with the Posse in hot pursuit of the ever slippery Ashley Jean Hawkwood as they began to wonder who this man really was.

Lance

Postby Lance » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Antra

Postby Antra » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:19 pm

No update today folks, game cancelled on account half the players being out of town.

Antra

Looking for an ember in a snow storm.

Postby Antra » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:04 am

Sorry this is a bit late, I've had a lot of other things on my plate since game on Monday. But it's update time!

So the players chased Hawkwood down to Twilight, landing in the vicinity of a large bombed out manor. The Posse disembarked, making their way toward the ruined structure as they made a plan to surround and enter it. There were some tense moments of not knowing what was around the corner and avoiding collapsing debris while in the building. Lawrence and Solanae paired up while exploring and almost shot Sheriff Shepard when they found him kneeling over an emergency beacon. Eventually, Sir Angelo and Goose discovered vehicle tracks leading away from the structure and off through the snow northeast towards Lanestrom (the name I've given for the spaceport on the Heidgard and Gnaldi boarder). So the crew broke out their vehicle which Hassan calls the Paddy Wagon.

Their journey was cut short by a Citadel scout force advancing along the southern peninsula. Seeing they were outnumbered and wishing to parley, Sheriff Shepard surrendered to the Citadel commander while Solonae made good her escape out the back of the transport and into the darkness of night. The Posse was taken to a Citadel internment camp where they were stripped of all of their belongings and thrown into camp until such time as they would be able to see the commanding officer.

Much to their surprise, they found exactly what they were looking for among the other prisoners, one Ashley Jean Hawkwood. He informed them that they were never going to see the commander as he apparently saw no one from the camp. Realizing escape was the only option, the Posse and Hawkwood began to plot their escape. Meanwhile, disguising herself as a camp follower, Solanae made her way into military encampment and set about trying to locate the Posse, their belongings, and the Paddy Wagon. Both groups, having done their recon and made their plans are prepared for their escape/breakout attempt. Which will be next session.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:26 am

Sounds like a hoot :)

An intense chase/breakout for next time should be interesting!
(numerous projects)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:04 am

Hint please! :P
(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 pm

I literally just got done running the scene this weekend. Now I'm compiling notes from like six games lol.

Return to “For Players”