Lots of questions!!!!! O.o

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Holz

Lots of questions!!!!! O.o

Postby Holz » Sun May 12, 2013 1:44 am

Hi, a player of mine made a series of questions wich I was unable to answer and even using the new book. If you guys could help me out on this one. ;)

My player wants to play as a Gannok and has lots of nice abilities wth tech skills.
The following questions I could not find an answer:

1) Can a gannok handle Large and X-Large weapons? Are there any modifiers for using one?

2) Cretaing technology stuff is necessary a set of skills, wich ones? (I assume you must have the science, tech hability and access to materials) :roll:

3) How does being an alien affect your role in the guild, such as the engineers. And the ostracism on aliens on guilds, how does it work/affect. (IMHO PC's that are aliens rarely join higher ranks and get steped on by humans in general).

4)Can I buy Blessings with XP? Like mutations or new physical traits? :cheerleader:

Thanks for any help. Although a veteran on FS, I am soooo rusty! :oops:

PS:Sorry any wrong english spelling!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Holz

Re: Lots of questions!!!!! O.o

Postby Holz » Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Should I post this on the GM section?

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Actually, I can't answer most of these as I was never particularly closely involved with developing the FSR rules, but I can give it a try (for what it is worth)...

1) I don't think there's anything in the rules about this, but then again I don't think the Gannok where covered in this book? I think restricting Gannok and other small characters to L or smaller equipment only would be a good idea.

2) I would guess the appropriate Science skill to design the blueprint and Tech Redemption to build the thing?

3) I think this is pretty much up to the GM to decide. The guilds are the best options for alien careers within 'civilized' Human society, and on the surface the guilds would probably not discriminate against aliens. However, it is likely that racism and favorism exists within the guilds, and I would expect an alien to encounter red tape and opposition even within the guilds. For one things, the guilds are not democracies and not philosophically ethical (they are instead protectionist and exclusive), and most Humans would choose to promote the Human associate they know and understand rather than the weird alien.

4) I believe we've decided that Blessings and such can be bought (where appropriate) at a 2:1 basis. At least, that is what we decided for martial arts styles in another thread here, and those are basically blessings.

Does that help?
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue May 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Yes, it does! Thanks a bunch Angelman. =-)

Gannok

Postby Gannok » Sat May 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sat May 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Sat May 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Well, I´ll have to talk with my changed player... yet is is going to be interesting how things change in game.

About the Gannok, that one was make my noodles boil.
But one thing made me question about weapons and so on. Even tough he has large arms, he is small and remembers a Orangotango, in a way, large arms, good for manipulation not strenght.
Wich also counts on firearms.

Return to “For Players”