EDR Planned Products?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
ArcadianRefugee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EDR Planned Products?

Postby ArcadianRefugee » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 pm

EDChronicler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby EDChronicler » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 am

Anunnaki,

I once donated to Redbrick a long time ago, because owning the books I did made it harder to keep supporting you. In this new day and age of kickstarter, would that be an option that would help with at least the money side of the "unlimited" resources you mentioned?

Just a thought.
EDC

------
And to touch up another part of this thread:

In Regards to 2nd ED: To be honest I was in the middle of real life transitions that made my participation limited. However, I did manage to find time to look into it a bit.

There are some things about second edition that some people love, and there are some things people don't love. How strongly they connect to those particular points can and often do color their whole perception of the edition. I do love that they tried to keep Earthdawn alive, and for that they have my respect. They may not have done things as I would have, and they may not have made the world one I would use, but they do have a place in Earthdawn for their love as is our love.

To be honest we still have Earthdawn which should have died out years ago, because of people who love the world. I would rather disagree with LRG or Anaunnaki than to have no Earthdawn at all. At the end of the day, we all have to look at it like this: We can all say "In My Barsaive," so take what you want and leave the rest.

EDC

Mountainshadow

Postby Mountainshadow » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:05 am

So, it has been quite a while since we heard anything about the ED side of things and I thought it was time to ask when there will be anything new product-wise? Sure - you are working on the development of a completely new game and that is using up most of your understandably limited resources (time, developers, and finances alike) - but what about all those dedicated ED fans that again and again had to live through phases of Hiatus of the game and yet again wait to hear anything about its future? Don't get me wrong - I don't want to hear release dates and get a detailed product catalogue for the next x-years - a simple statement that you will release something in the 'near' future would be highly appreciated.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 am

We aren't quite ready to announce details, but the plan is to have new product next year.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Crusader

Postby Crusader » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:27 am

"New" as in " A totally new product yo0u have never seen before" or "New" as in "If you own every book on Earthdawn since the first edition, the newness is going to be in the cover rather then the content.." ? ;)

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:40 am

Yes.

:D
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Mountainshadow

Postby Mountainshadow » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:21 am

Thankx for your reply Mataxes. So it's fingers crossed for some releases next year!

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:14 am

Forgive me I've not read this thread, but I was wondering/hoping if FASA have plans to release a new 4th(?) Edition of Earthdawn?

If so, do they plan on creating monsters/creatures that fill the void between circles 7th to 12th? If indeed this is an issue.

I ask because I've heard told that Earthdawn has a problem with characters either being too powerful at around 11th or 12th circle or not powerful enough at around 7th or 8th circle when it comes to being challenged by monsters

It's been said just throw namegiver races at them, but they're supposed to be special entities, rare. So it doesn't feel right

Thanks

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm

I'd tell you, Jaracove, but they'd release the molgrims on me. All I can say with safety is to watch for Mataxes' news releases. That's Josh Harrison, the ED Line Developer, in case you didn't know.

And letting his identity slip may have just cost me...
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”