EDR references old books

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rajaat99
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

EDR references old books

Postby Rajaat99 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:19 pm

I just purchased the EDR Players Guide and I'm thrilled FASA is back. However, the book references older ED1 books: Arcane Mysteries of Barsaive and Magic: Manual of mystic secrets. Is FASA planning on re-introducing those for EDR, or should I look for the old copies?
Also, shouldn't Obsidimen start with a 16 strength, instead of 18?

Anunnaki

Re: EDR references old books

Postby Anunnaki » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm

They are being reintroduced as those titles (similar content format), Rajaat99. And STR 18 is correct.

slayride
Site Admin

Postby slayride » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Previously, obsidimen had a minimum strength of 21, 15 + 6 for their racial attribute. So its been scaled back a bit there for the minimum strength.
Just taking straight adds, the obsidiman race would be DEX 8, STR 16, TOU 14, PER 9, WIL 10, CHA 9 based on ED1 stat adds. However, they have less TOU than expected at 13, and higher strength than expected at 18. However, this 18 is still less than the previous minimum strength of 21. With the ability to subtract -2 from your stats for +2 purchase points, that would result in a Strength Value of 16, Step 7/D12, the weakest obsidimen. The thing about a Strength of 16 would be -2 =14, a mere Step 6/D10, and less than the racial minimum of obsidimen in previous editions even without stat adds. So the devs subtract -1 from toughness to add +2 to strength, to make sure obsidimen cannot go below a base Strength Step of 7/D12 in the purchasing system here.

Rajaat99

Postby Rajaat99 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 am

Thank you for the quick reply and explination about Obsidiman strength. I happily await the new books, so I can give you more of my money.

Return to “Product Discussion”