Other Worlds

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aprewett
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Other Worlds

Postby aprewett » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:30 am

Being new to ED, I have recently seen a couple of posts referring to 4th and 6th worlds.
What does this mean and were is it explained?

Thanks Allan

Nahor

Re: Other Worlds

Postby Nahor » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Hasn't been fully explained yet. Earthdawn is the 4th world. There are going to be 2nd, 6th, and 8th world based games it seems (I still haven't listened to the interview yet James, sorry. :P), at least that's what I've gleaned. In theory we are currently in the 5th world (as in 2012) and the 6th world is coming up on us. It all has to do with the ebb and flow of magic in the world. ED is on the down turn of magic but the cycle has stabilized instead of continuing to decline. The 6th world will be the emergence of magic again, I assume. What form this all takes place in, I have no idea.

check out www.fasagames.com for upcoming information and their boards to see what you can get there. :)

Taffy

Postby Taffy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi there

I believe the worlds refer to the cycle of magic.

the evens (2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th) are when there is magic in the world.

The Odds (1st, 3rd, 5th) are when then magic level is so low that magic does not (or bearly) functions

Earthdawn in 4th world.

The 2nd world would be the previous high magic time. This would be when the Books of Harrow were written to warn people of the scourge. It may also be what was know as the Age of Dragons, when the Dragons ruled an empire

The 5th World is now. So the 6th world is when the magic returns (Dec 2012 if I remember my Shadowrun correctly), so the setting set in the modern era

The 8th world would be the next up cycle, and I believe it was mentioned that humanity had rendered earth unihabitable and moved to the stars.

This of course is all based on my (often faulty) memory. I am sure someone will correct me if I have remembered something wrong

Cheers
Taffy

Madhaus_Thunderforge

Postby Madhaus_Thunderforge » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Taffy, it sounds as though you have it right.

Nahor, what video or podcast are you talking about?

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 am

This one, Madhaus: http://thisjustinfromgencon.com/2012/08 ... urday-5pm/

Though I will note that some things (briefly) mentioned in this podcast have changed since Gen Con... "That was then, but this is now."

Madhaus_Thunderforge

Postby Madhaus_Thunderforge » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:34 am

Thank you for linking that. I'll have to attempt to listen to it tomorrow. At 28 minutes it's a bit long for how late it is already this evening; however, unlike Seth, I will listen to this, hehe... (jab jab) :P

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am

Return to “Product Discussion”