Earthdawn Miniatures

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Drucifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Earthdawn Miniatures

Postby Drucifer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:19 am

Ok, since Redbrick has decided to make miniatures for Demonworld, is there any chance that we will get to see a return of the Redbrick Earthdawn original sculpts and the re-issues put out a few years ago?

The stuff created by Black Crab was pretty freaking cool and has my absolute favorite windling miniature.
Tableau Infractus
Tableau Infractus

Fans are the life blood of any game system... Go get some new blood.

Anunnaki

Re: Earthdawn Miniatures

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi Drucifer,

We've been looking into remastering the miniatures again, including the new sculpts, but it's early days. Ral Partha Europe are the ones who produce the Demonworld miniatures. We've also been looking into and trialing using 3D-design and printing tools to produce miniatures. Again, still very early days. And we've had some inquiries from miniatures designers wanting to make new Earthdawn minis (still under consideration).

Short answer is, there appears to be plenty of interest, but we probably won't get seriously involved with doing anything until late 2012.

Kind regards, James

TheQuicksilver

Postby TheQuicksilver » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 pm

You know what would be interesting? If someone with some of the old school original Earthdawn minis would do RTV silicone castings of them. I'd certainly pay money for a set of castings to make my own minis for the game, at least until new, official ones are available. (note: legally, selling full on reproductions would probably be frowned upon by whomever executes FASA trademarks, but I'm pretty sure casts of them wouldn't get a second look. IANAL)

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:53 pm

TheQuicksilver

Postby TheQuicksilver » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Summary: don't do this. Gotcha. I totally get your stance and know you have to protect the IP involved.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 pm

I don't like having to state it, but sometimes a reminder is in order. No offense intended, TheQuicksilver.

TheQuicksilver

Postby TheQuicksilver » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:27 am

Return to “Product Discussion”