Skill points.

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fasthd97
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Skill points.

Postby fasthd97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:15 am

When you add all of these skills to the classes it feels like all of the classes need more skil points especially fighters and rogues.Also I am not clear on something,if im using a discpline skill that requires karma I would roll d20 and add my ranks +3(class skill) +relevant att modifier and the karma die by race unless otherwise noted?

Morclaw1974

Re: Skill points.

Postby Morclaw1974 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:03 am

Have to agree it does look like their won't be many points to go around, especially with 6 odd extra skills to go around, its going to be tight, I can see a lot more sword masters being made than warriors to take advantage of 8 rather than 2 skill points.

Having said that, it does look like a lot of the warrior feats are listed as combat feats, so a fighter can take those with fighter feats and perhaps that might provide a balance.

I will that overall I do like the look of rules though and look forward to using them

edit:

Ignore my ramblings, there is a balance, I love the fact a human warrior can get DR 12/- at level 2, I'm sold.

its hard splitting between both the original and new skills, but the feat/skill balance is definitely there
Simon `Morclaw' Jones

fasthd97

Postby fasthd97 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:52 am

Base human fighter gets three skill points assume average intelligence 10.At first level he needs at least one rank in swim and ride.Leaving him with one point to choose between his new skills and climb or handle animal or craft.My Initial thought is to give 2 more skill points across the board and ignore the included point buy system and go with the pathfinder heroic (25) point buy.

Hank Woon

Postby Hank Woon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:30 pm

It should be noted (literall, because it's not noted right now, but will be) that Adepts can use their respective Adept Skills untrained.

Return to “Product Discussion”