Improving in Multiple Disciplines?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Improving in Multiple Disciplines?

Postby Jaracove » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:51 pm

I can either go insane trying to figure out the rules for improving in multi disciplines, or I can just rule you can't have more than one discipline. Think I'll go with the latter.

In all seriousness, does anyone understand the rules for improving in multi disciplines? I've read them a few times now and they just baffle me.

etherial

Re: Improving in Multiple Disciplines?

Postby etherial » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Etherial covered most of it, but I don't know if it helped.

So I guess my initial questions are "What part of it doesn't make sense to you? Could you be a bit more specific? Where do you start to get lost?"
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

The Undying

Postby The Undying » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:59 pm

One useful simplification is "Adept cannot pick up an extra Discipline unless their lowest Discipline is Circle 5 or above." While the game ALLOWS is before then, this simplification cuts out some of the confusion of the scaling LP cost for the first rank in each of the new Discipline Talents.

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:41 am

I slept on it and re read it this morning; I think I'm ok with it now. It just seemed to click

I'll go through it again and if I have specific questions I'll post them here

Thanks all

Return to “Product Discussion”