Vasgothia Proposal

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Drall
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vasgothia Proposal

Postby Drall » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Here there.

I recently sent an email to FASA about a proposal/synopsis for a Vasgothia Province sourcebook I had in mind.
I thought I would also share what I have with the forums too; this project started because I wish to run a campaign set in Vasgothia and I've always wanted to expand the material written in Theran Empire.

Its around 9000 words, it is written under the assumption that my co-writer is reading it, but that shouldn't affect anyone else too much.

My real Name is Nick Lowe; I am a student of ancient history and Japanese. I have had several of my short horror stories published. My friend and potential co-writer has had his material published by Redbrick in the Earthdawn Namegivers book.

Anyway, see what you think. At the very least I will be writing the book for my own players for when we start our Vasgothian game.

Oh, there are one or two typos in there, I thought I got them all but beware!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7qfcvaupwb1a ... 0.doc?dl=0
Last edited by Drall on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telarus_KSC

Re: Vasgothia Proposal

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:18 pm

I always thought that the core of the Vasgothia material was really good from the Theran Empire book, but it needed some re-working to really stand on it's own. Interesting! I'll have to check this out later this week.

Drall

Re: Vasgothia Proposal

Postby Drall » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Oh I agree; outside of Barsaive it's always been my favourite province.

For a full campaign set there, I just feel like it needed fleshing out; the Caralkspur Mountains for example, are not detailed at all in Theran Empire with only a small write up in Sky Point & Vivane.

The main goal of the project is to make Vasgothia a place that players can adventure in with the same amount of depth as Barsaive; the main cities, the tribes of the Deep Forest and to also make the Vasgothian Namegivers more playable.

I also like the idea of detailing a Theran campaign and Theran characters in Vasgothia which is what my campaign will be.

Let me know what you think anyway.

Return to “Product Discussion”