Update to old material

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Undying
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Update to old material

Postby The Undying » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:10 pm

I've mentioned this a couple times with my gaming group, figured I'd bring it up here:

Has the idea been floated of publishing addendum for old story/campaign material to update NPCs/items/difficulties/etc to ED4 compliance? I know that the design team is on the hook for the existing promised source material, and that's a worthwhile endeavor in its own right. However, with the wealth of published material already available, and the pain/overhead of trying to update that material for use in ED4, seems like this could be a very worthwhile service. Creating and selling/distributing addendums, rather than full updates of the original material, would simplify the level of effort: no breaking old layout, focus on what really needs to be done versus modifying fluff to justify a complete recreation of the original, etc. I'm guessing there might be some licensing problems, but I'm not a copyright/IP lawyer and can't really speak to that.

wsocrates

Re: Update to old material

Postby wsocrates » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:00 pm

As somebody who was involved in updating earlier products to ED3, it isn't always as easy as it seems, and there sometimes isn't enough of a difference to make the effort worthwhile.

I mean... what would people want to see updated? ED4 stats for classic adventures? Official versions of secondary and racial Disciplines? Spells? Talents? Items (magic and otherwise)?

I'm not against the idea of somebody doing updated versions of stuff and make it available here or on their blog.

Until we've gotten better established, and demonstrated what we can do, I'm hesitant to return to the well of "reprinting old stuff". In these days of electronic product, the books are available for those who want them.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:38 am

I would like to see Ardanyan's Revenge updated because it is the best adventure to introduce new players into fantastic world of Earthdawn :)
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:35 am

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”