Are these adventures worth buying?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Magic_Octopus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Are these adventures worth buying?

Postby Magic_Octopus » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:07 am

My FLGS is offering these older titles with a substantial discount. What is your view of these, are they worth the paper they are printed on? How adaptable are the adventures to an ongoing campaign? Are the plots linear? Is the writing inspiring or dull?

I have a compulsion of desiring moar rpg materials, but I also have a storage issue, so I appreciate any and all opinions on these titles. I have scoured the interwebs for info, but I pretty sure that the most knowledgeable ED geeks reside here...

Infected
Path Of Deception
Shards Collection 1
Shards Collection 2
Shattered Pattern
Terror In The Skies

Cheers,
MO

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Are these adventures worth buying?

Postby Mataxes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:17 am

In my opinion:

* Infected and Shattered Pattern are definitely worth getting.
* The two shards collections are pretty good, with multiple short adventures in each.
* Terror in the Skies is okay. It suffers from being the second adventure released for Earhdawn, and has some cool stuff, but I think it has one big story weakness.
* No opinion on Path of Deception (don't have it, never read it), but it was a Living Room Games product, and I don't generally have a high opinion of their adventure work (based on their Barsaive at War and Barsaive in Chaos).

Shame they don't have the Adventure Compendium. That collects all the original adventures into one volume and is well worth the value for that.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:41 pm

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:25 am

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:22 am

Magic_Octopus

Postby Magic_Octopus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:47 am

Thanks Mataxes and Flowswithdrek for the comments. I think I will pick up some of those books.

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:47 am

Sorry, I started to respond and got pulled away. I've never run any of them, but I have the Adventure Compendium (evil nethermancer edition!). I like Infected a lot, as well as Shattered Pattern. Terror has some great concepts, but a lot of pitched battles on airships, if that's your thing. I do have Paths of Deception. I think maybe it's okay; it's been a while since I looked at it. The only real dumb thing I remember was the new Discipline, the Bodyguard.

Magic_Octopus

Postby Magic_Octopus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Dudes, one more... Throal Adventures. Any opinions?

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Pretty good. Three shorter scenarios that start in the Kingdom, but all three of them head... deeper.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Return to “Product Discussion”