Projected Release Dates For Books?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wbush3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Projected Release Dates For Books?

Postby wbush3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Hey all.

So I am a huge fan of Earthdawn, and have been since the early days. Recently, with the release of the Gamemaster's Guide, my group decided to make the switch over to 4th Edition and begin a new campaign. Makes me very happy, especially as a GM. This leaves me wondering though, when is the projected date/quarter for both a Player's Companion and possibly Gamemaster's Companion? Eventually someone will be ready to advance to 9th Circle and beyond, and some of my players like to plan ahead on how they will build their characters. Then of course there is the interest in Questors.

If there is an idea of when these books would be projected to be available, even in only PDF, I would greatly appreciate knowing so I can let my players know. :D

Thanks!
"Heroes are inherently stupid, thus legends are born." Doctor Doom

etherial

Re: Projected Release Dates For Books?

Postby etherial » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:21 pm

wbush3

Postby wbush3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Thank you Etherial! :cheerleader:

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:54 pm

Note that unlike ED3, there are not going to be separate Player's and Gamemaster's Companions. There will just be one book.

Fingers crossed, it will be out later this year.

Right now I'm cranking as I hard as I can to try and get Travar finished up so we have a chance of hitting the print deadline for delivery to GenCon. The Companion is the next book after that.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 pm

...yes...?

(He said with a tinge of nervousness...)
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:07 pm

Well, this would be a good place for me to chime in.

Mataxes has officially asked me to take the point on redesigning the rules around Airships and Riverboats for the ED4 Companion. There will be an "ED4 Design: Airships, Riverboats, and More" thread posted later - as I want to be as open as possible with the design process and I will try to incorporate suggestions as they come up (of course, it won't be possible to use all suggestions). I have a Wiki started with notes from the Airship Weapons thread, and have ripped all the 1st edition Ship stats and put them into an Google Spreadsheet (to serve as the base for the scale of the new stats). I'll post more about this when I open the thread.

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:36 pm

wbush3

Postby wbush3 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:25 pm

I look forward to seeing the new Airship Combat rules. The rules from ED3 were simple, but also had some issues IMO.

Return to “Product Discussion”