Possible Errata

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wbush3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Possible Errata

Postby wbush3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:35 pm

I have been looking over the 4th Edition Gamemaster's Guide, and I am wondering about a possible Errata. On page 490, in the Dread Iota description it states the following; "As the victim succumbs to the infection, the Horror offers to use its Karma Tap ability to reward hosts with boosts to their Toughness tests" Now where I believe the Errata issue lies is in the fact that the book does not have a listing for, or description of, the Karma Tap power. However, it may be that the Karma Boost power is what is intended, in which case the above quote merely needs to have Karma Tap replaced with Karma Boost.

Am I wrong in my thoughts here?
"Heroes are inherently stupid, thus legends are born." Doctor Doom

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Possible Errata

Postby Mataxes » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm

I think you're on to something, except the Dread Iota doesn't have the Karma Boost power, and I don't recall offhand what the thinking was in terms of how we saw the creature working.

So while I can't give you a "fix" right now, it is a case of flavor text not being refined after changes were made to the Horror.

I'll have to get back to you on this.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:54 pm

wbush3

Postby wbush3 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Difference being Karma Tap isn't even a power given in the book, while Karma Boost is.

Corrections are still being considered.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

wbush3

Postby wbush3 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 pm

As a completely different bit of errata I noticed, and was reminded of while reading the thread about Animal Bond, the entry for Tiger is missing the following sentence or its equivalent;

"Tigers are suitable as Animal Companions."

In the spreadsheet created for the discussion about Animal Bond, Tiger is listed as being able to be an Animal Companion. Minor thing,but I just remembered it. :)

emeketos

Re: MORE! Possible Errata :)

Postby emeketos » Tue May 03, 2016 5:38 pm

asked Andrew Ragland on g+
if an Earthstaff that was cast by a windling would scale (it specifically stated 5 foot staff)

he replied
An earth staff conjured by a windling would it scale automatically, and would be size 2. Congrats, you found an errata item. P283 for reference. You should send that to our contact address or post it on our forum. 

ArcadianRefugee

Postby ArcadianRefugee » Fri May 13, 2016 7:16 am

Unrelated to the above, but I hate to make Yet Another Errata Thread.

GMG, Version: First Printing, January 2016, pg 251 (Special Maneuvers), there is a missing comma in "Creature Analysis Creature Lore, or other"....

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri May 13, 2016 8:54 am

Added to the spreadsheet.

Return to “Product Discussion”