That 1st Ed Map

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

That 1st Ed Map

Postby Jaracove » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Does anyone remember that cool map FASA released for 1st Ed? It had a cardboard...sextant? Not sure, but it helped you gauge the distances between any two points.

I was wondering if this was going to be re released for 4ed.

I'd be all over it like a rash.

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: That 1st Ed Map

Postby etherial » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Our german licensors have a large-scale map they've done up, and the labels are being translated (a small version of it will be in the color section of the GM Guide).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Yah, it's based on (check out the "enhanced" version with many of the locations referenced back to the books), but done in a "painterly" style. I love it and want one.

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 pm

That's really nice

Come on FASA, sell us a poster sized map we can stick on our walls!

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:10 pm

We're looking into it.
Josh Harrison --

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:23 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Take a look at the color map in the Vivane and Sky Point box. The eastern edge has the red lava of Death's Sea fading to blue water.
Josh Harrison --

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Yes, I ran into some interesting conflicts when trying to combine all the 1st edition maps for my Atlas. For example, the , and the have Death's Sea completely colored red. While showed "waves" in the main body of Death's Sea (and this map was used for the LRG 2nd edition, where Death's Sea and the Scarlet Sea are both colored blue). went back to 1st (the entirety of Death's Sea is colored red).

I went with the Vivane and Skypoint map & books as authoritative on this point, as the books there describe Parland (near where the lava, water, and dry land meet) as a major Theran port, and also describe ship-trade (mostly "slaves shipped in and disappearing") at the port of Xandorn (Theran village of the Antandair enclave to the south).

I have been working with satellite data recently for my next version of Barsaive. You can see how I interpreted . I see this area as a "walled lava lake", with the wall punctuated by large cinder cones, and spilling lava flows into the water. I used a specific volcano to model this on, nyiragongo crater. Check out to get the idea of a "walled lava lake".

This would be dangerous territory, with many small, unstable island chains... but that makes the Adventures there all the better, right?

Return to “Product Discussion”