Earthdawn and VTT

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
H2Os
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Earthdawn and VTT

Postby H2Os » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Hello,

I've never had the privilege to play Earthdawn. I've purchased a bunch of past books on it, but haven't read them yet. My 4th edition players guide is in the mail. I would love to learn this game, and I'm wondering if anyone plays Earthdawn on roll 20 or any other VTT.

Steve

freid78

Re: Earthdawn and VTT

Postby freid78 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:57 pm

VTT... virtual tennis table?

There's a pathfinder edition of earthdawn. You can read review at : http://epicrpgblog.blogspot.ca/2012/04/ ... guide.html

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:02 pm

VTT - Virtual Table Top

That is, plug-ins or other web-based apps that allow people to play games online.

As far as I know, while you can certainly use a VTT to play ED online, there have not been any plug-ins developed to support the game's mechanics, so doing so can be difficult.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

BahtRastard

Postby BahtRastard » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:25 pm

We play Earthdawn on roll20.net. There are no plugins available unless you buy the developer level access and program them yourself. Other than that we rely on the honor system for the dice rolls. We are just starting back up after a hiatus, so I haven't tried a couple of Ideas out yet...
Gold and Silver we have not, but steel we have aplenty- Lathryus Vorpatril

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Our group used Maptools to play ED online for the past 3 years. Had to build all the macros from scratch, which was a steep learning curve. I can share my campaign file with you if you like H20s.

H2Os

Postby H2Os » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Thank you for the offer! I found a guy running 4e rules with the 1st-3rd edition books on roll20. Thank you for the offer though.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:23 am

I've been playing on roll20 for some time and even created useful macros. Maybe I'll post them later this day :) Stay tuned!
Duvvelsheyss

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:59 pm

I wrote up a set of macros for MapTool, search their forums for Earthawn to find them. It's not a "complete" rule set, but enough to make characters and npcs and run adventures.

I have other plans in this area I'm not going to talk about atm, because nothing is ready to share. Stay tuned tho... :D

Return to “Product Discussion”