About Blood pebbles and Living crystal armor

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
freid78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

About Blood pebbles and Living crystal armor

Postby freid78 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:26 am

Simple question :

Can a weaponsmith upgrade any armor (like Blood Pebbles and Living Crystal) ?

Slimcreeper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: About Blood pebbles and Living crystal armor

Postby Slimcreeper » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:36 am

"Ow! Ow! Quit hitting me in the head with that hammer! Hey! stop that! Don't stick my hand in the forge! Arrgh! I though we were friends *sob*"

"Hush now, I'm using reforging on your blood pebble armor."

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:54 am

To the original question, I would say yes. Weaponsmiths can forge Thread weapons IIRC, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to work with other types of magic within their area of expertise. I know personally that when you're a craftsman, you learn to work with a lot of different mediums, so learning to forge different types of materials I think would definitely be in their training.

Fern Weave would be an interesting one... Brings to mind childhood science fair experiments testing the effects of music on plants. Maybe they sit and sing at the armor to make it grow tougher.

freid78

Postby freid78 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:44 am

Just remove the blood pebble, forge it up, then reinstall. You wouldn't wear a suit of full plate while it's being reforged, so why wouldn't you do the same with blood pebble? Granted, the removal and reinstall will cost time and effort, but that's part of the cost of using that type of armor.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:41 pm

I would run it as Kasbak suggested. In my game, that does include taking the damage again for the uninstall, but as regular Damage that can be healed. So, you take off your Blood Pebble (8 hrs work for a Weaponsmith), and are left with 8 Damage (4 that was Blood Magic Damage, 4 new regular Damage). You heal that while waiting for the Forging, then re-take the Blood Magic Damage when it's re-installed.

freid78

Postby freid78 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:24 pm

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:50 pm

i would say mainly cause Blood Pebble is found in the location Labeled Armor.... not Blood Charms... but that is how i rule it in my game

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:53 pm

In my opinion, Blood Charms are a direct parallel to Shadworun's Cyberware implants.
http://shadowlandsl.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberware
Installed Living Armor is definitely related to Blood Charms, but I consider most Blood Charm knowledge the realm of Nethermancers (with some bleed over to Elementalist and Weaponsmiths due to the Living Crystal connections).

freid78

Postby freid78 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:16 am

Return to “Product Discussion”