About Blood pebbles and Living crystal armor

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Razan_GM
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: About Blood pebbles and Living crystal armor

Postby Razan_GM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:01 am

So it would be +2/+3 and -1 to Initiative if no armor is worn, and +2/+3 -2 to Initiative if it was under armor at cost of 4 blood damage. In age of only one Armor giving armor "turtles would want it", and "rabbits would be just fine without it". Its so tempting that im going to discuss with my players that change and playtest it as 2 of my players use it. Then im gonna share the results.

The one of the problems I see is advantage of Blood Peebles in jungles and such. Wearing Chainmail in jungles is terrible, youre overheated and sweaty, that leads to major galls. In my "enviroment hard" games it would be a major disadvantage to loose 3 physical armor.

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:18 pm

That's the major advantage of "installed" living armor. You don't have to take it off.

(If your players walk around all day in armor and assume they sleep in their armor...... there are the Fatigue Rules to apply :twisted:)

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:51 pm

I don't think it's crazy to consider blood pebble armor a charm as a house rule. However, it does limit movement, in the form of an initiative penalty. I can imagine that the joints of the blood pebble wouldn't play nice with the joints or other armors. Perhaps we should allow armor stacking across the board - mix and match any armor you like. However, the initiative penalties stack and also apply to any dexterity-based test, from climbing to melee weapons, as well as to your movement rate. And of course stacked armors won't breath as well, so you have to apply fatigue rules anytime the character engages in any physical activity.

Return to “Product Discussion”