[ED4] GM's Guide preview feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Gkeckley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [ED4] GM's Guide preview feedback

Postby Gkeckley » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:28 pm

I have a question about a couple of powers for spirits and dragons

Enrage Element works in that you roll enrage element and everyone within the effect takes this damage and is harried. There is no to hit roll against PD or MD. I would think there has to be some roll to hit like spellcasting.

Dragon Breath works in that you roll Dragon Breath to hit and if that succeeds then that total is the damage. Should there not be two rolls. If someone has managed to boost their MD up to a 28 extremely tough to do but it is possible thru items and talents at the high levels, then when they get hit with the dragon breath they automatically are taking at least 28 points of damage.

Wing beat works in that they make a wing beat roll and all characters in the area make a knock down test against that number. No to hit roll is necessary they automatically hit.

We're these powers set up this way intentionally or were they an oversight?

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby etherial » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:33 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:41 pm

WRT the update that came out this weekend, I've updated the spreadsheet with all the bugs from the last preview that FASA did not fix in the 10/16 update. Note that many of these have already been fixed in the FASA-internal version, they just hadn't been implemented yet when it went to the layout folks. Sections that merit particularly close looks are Chapters 3, and 10-13. 3 and 13 are new to backers and 10-13 have the most mechanical changes. Anyone who wants to pull out their old Corebooks and sanity check the Statblocks for Creatures, Dragons, Spirits, and Horrors would likely find a fascinating minefield of edition wars and typos over the last 20 years.

A lot of art has been added to the book and I definitely love the chapter title cards. They're more consistently good this time around. Some of the rest of the art is a little comic-booky for me (reminds me a lot of Sentinels of the Multiverse), so I'm hoping that the black inky artwork is yet to come.

Return to “Product Discussion”