LP rewards (treasure, adventure example)

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Sangius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LP rewards (treasure, adventure example)

Postby Sangius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:43 pm

I am still a bit unclear about how treasures worth Legend Points work: does the player/party just get a one-time legend award every time they pick up an item of special meaning, or is the legend award somehow based upon the value of the treasure (or the legend award of the creature they are stealing the treasure from)? E.g.: If somebody loots a treasure worth 100 silver pieces - does he get a different amount of LP than somebody looting 500,000 silver pieces? And does the LP award depend on how you display/use the treasure? There might be some artefacts that are powerful and famous, yet you do not want to rub them under just anyone's nose. Also, lets take Gerun Thunderaxe as an example from the Cara Fahd book - would the airship he captured from the sky raiders count as legendary treasure? And would it have made a difference LP-wise if he were to sell it to the Orks of Cara Fahd instead of keeping it to his clan?
Last edited by Sangius on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Legendary Treasure

Postby Mataxes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Are you talking about the Legend Award for treasure, like there's a Legend Award for achieving objectives, opposition, and the like?
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:54 pm

I do believe so (a lot of the creature description feature entries such as "Loot: Pelt worth 100 silver pieces each (worth Legend Points).")

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Okay.

That detail on creatures plays into the guidelines provided in the GM Guide on awarding Legend Points. Generally speaking, there isn't any hard line between the value of the loot and how many Legend it provides. The purpose of that entry is to indicate that the creature could not only provide an award for the "Opposition" category, but the "Treasure" category as well (assuming the loot in question is obtained).

I'll come back to this in more detail later, because I want to provide an example, and I don't have my ED3 book handy to make sure I provide accurate info.
Josh Harrison --

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Thanks for taking all that time to clarify! :cheerleader:

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:27 pm

Calculating Legend Point Awards in Earthdawn is a bit different from other games, which list values in the creature/event/etc entries, and you kind of add them up. Glad Mataxes has an example in mind.

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Sangius

Postby Sangius » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:12 am

Since we're adding on the LP questions pile in general: I'd like to echo what Baravakar asked for - also, just to clarify: when it comes to LP, an adventure means a whole story arc, whereas by "session" is the term for the individual gaming evening, which might not see the completion of a whole story arc.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: LP rewards (treasure, adventure example)

Postby Mataxes » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:31 pm

I am working on my answer/example for this, and based on what its shaping up to be, is most likely going to end up as a blog post.
Josh Harrison --

Sangius

Re: LP rewards (treasure, adventure example)

Postby Sangius » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:11 pm

First, Panda thankfully took the time to diminish my ignorance by answering question after question with endless patience (and even went through the trouble to post a blog-posting on a possible way to introduce liberators to 4th edition), now this ... you guys rule!

Return to “Product Discussion”