Earthdawn 4th Edition video update

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn 4th Edition video update

Postby Mataxes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Josh Harrison --

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:20 pm

What is the greenish boxed set in the upper right which I misidentified as Planescape?

was the last time my collection was photographed two and a half years ago. It has filled one of the cases to the brim and the other now only has five cubes without gaming books, but there are also stacks of books waiting for me to sort out how to reorganize things. I should update my shelfie. Also, I may have a problem.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, so here's a closer look at that section of my shelves.
Attachments
IMG_0224.JPG
Josh Harrison --

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Nuclear proliferation. For whatever reason, the angle of the font and box color made it look like the Planescape logo. Clearly, it isn't. And now I know why the box under Illuminati looks familiar, because it is. Wow, has it ever been a long time since I have seen that set of Skyrealms of Jorune.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Seeing the Barsaive boxed set just reminded me of the awesome map it had and Shantaya's sextant. It was a great resource which my players used to plot out the locations of towns and lost kaers and how long it would take to ride/walk there etc. Are their any plans to release an updated version of the map and sextant? After 20 years of use mine look like ancient relics from the 4th world.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 pm

The sextant was an interesting idea that wasn't really used beyond the boxed set. I don't see it making a return as an actual thing you could have at your table. As for a new large-size map... we'll have to see. Getting a large-scale, high-quality color piece like that isn't cheap.

I actually laminated the map from my Barsaive box years ago. Kept it from falling apart at the fold seams.
Josh Harrison --

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:15 pm

That's a shame about the sextant. I guess we were in the minority in using it for our games.
A new version of the map wouldn't get much use in or games either (we use Maptools), but it sure would look nice on the wall of my study :D

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:25 pm

In case anyone new to this online Earthdawn community doesn't know, I (by hand ;) ) edited most of the Earthdawn 1st Edition maps together into one gigantic vector-based PDF file. Then another awesome ED fan from Europe (piotr) went and added page references to most of the locations that I used, and even more that I didn't. Here's the link to that file. It has layers so you can take screenshots with different layers turned on/off for different map views of the same location.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/925 ... rus%29.pdf

Also, I still have plans for that map. I have Plans. :ugeek:
Last edited by Telarus_KSC on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:48 am

Wow! Just finished checking out that map Telarus. That must have taken a looooonnnng time to put together. Fantastic work! :clap:
I've grabbed a copy to show my players if that's okay.

Return to “Product Discussion”