Humans and versitilty

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vandulus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Humans and versitilty

Postby vandulus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:25 pm

I was wondering if anyone else's players are complaining about the new rules for the Versatility talent. I thought having to raise it and the talent you grabbed was penalty enough but to have it one step higher (1-4 5-8 etc) seems too much. More so now that spells cost LP to learn as well.

asking for feedback, thinking of keeping the cost normal

thanks

Roth

Re: Humans and versitilty

Postby Roth » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Ignore the new and stick with what you felt is right.

Best way for your group to solve any issues.

Razan_GM

Re: Humans and versitilty

Postby Razan_GM » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:36 pm

You need to raise Versatility only if you want to learn new Talents from other Disciplines, so if you want only 1 talent, Versatility stays on Rank1, and all you do is raise desired Talent.

Spell Learning cost was an Optional Rule in Ed3 (my group is using it from the beginning, and with all possibilities the spells give noone ever said its unfair).

Best would be to wait for GMGuide, play like 20-40 sessions with human and other races characters, and when you will have some data gathered then change it the way your group wants it. I think there was some heavy playtesting new rules, and now they are as 'fair' as possible from developers point of view.

But hey its your game. Play it the way it gives fun for all in your group.

Return to “Product Discussion”