Coming back to GM Earthdawn?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
teroks
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Coming back to GM Earthdawn?

Postby teroks » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi all!

I am looking for a high fantasy and game system that supports well high powered characters. I have owned 1st edition Earthdawn books...and GMd it a long time ago.

Now, directed by some other people, I have come to investigate how ED have changed (still a lot of dices to roll?).

Also...what is the schedule to publish books, there are only 2 books available in web shop?

etherial

Re: Coming back to GM Earthdawn?

Postby etherial » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Welcome!

I'm not sure what you're talking about in terms of the web shop. There are two titles in the Revised edition category because while it is the "most recent" edition, not much got produced for it.

In terms of publishing schedule, the ED4 (latest edition) Player's Guide is due out really soon now (as soon as the final pieces of art come in) with the GM Guide following as close on its heels as I can manage.

The core mechanic is largely the same as it was back in the ED1 days, so yes, there are still lost of dice to roll. The game has something of a tangled history, but for the most part the edition differences are in the little things rather than the big ones, with each of the major edition "spurs" (ED2 vs ED3) taking different approaches to how they tried to fix some of the commonly encountered problems from the original edition.

For the most part, adapting material from earlier editions isn't too difficult (kind of like using D&D 3 stuff in a 3.5 or Pathfinder game).
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

teroks

Postby teroks » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Are you going to publish sourcebooks...like the book from the city which was filled with Horrors (I don't have books anymore, but I still remember that one).

I was speaking about the revised edition books, which were in the web shop and I got confused as I thought that those are 4th edition books.

I guess that Barsaive at war won't be published?

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Roth

Postby Roth » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Roth

Postby Roth » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 am

teroks

Postby teroks » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:32 am

Ok. I have possibilities to get some 3rd edition books for reading.

What rules or parts of the rulebooks will stay similar/same? I mean that I will study books a bit and then read new versions of the certain rules when 4th edition comes out.

etherial

Postby etherial » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:20 am

Return to “Product Discussion”