Missile Ranges

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
peterjk3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Missile Ranges

Postby peterjk3 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:15 pm

I have a question about why the Ranges on Missile and Thrown weapons have been reduced. Mind you that I'm not complaining, but I having started a ED1 campaign as soon as I heard ED4 was coming would like to explain to my players, who apparently all are Ancient Weapon Historians, why a Mongolian could fire a bow 300 yards and hit a target but a magical archer can only shoot 96 yards or 171 with Longshot talent at 15. Just wanting to hear the mechanics reason for the change. Thanks

Kasbak

Re: Missile Ranges

Postby Kasbak » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I'm thinking the table values there may be representing 3 yard hexes rather than yards. I can't say for certain, of course, but that would work out closer mathematically.

Update: Double checked the combat chapter, hexes are 2 yards wide, not 3. Not quite matching the historical maximum, but it is still closer.

Return to “Product Discussion”