Spell matrix object costs?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vandulus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Spell matrix object costs?

Postby vandulus » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Anyone have a list or chart for what spell matrix objects cost?

Also, I think I recall reading somewhere that after you cast a spell from a SMO that it is wiped clean and you have to re-attune it?

thanks

Mataxes
Site Admin

Re: Spell matrix object costs?

Postby Mataxes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:02 am

By "cost" are you referring to cost in silver to purchase them on the market, or the cost in Legend Points to bond to them?

As for your second question, a spell matrix object behaves as a spell matrix -- so the spell stays in place (and can be cast multiple times) until removed.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

vandulus

Postby vandulus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 pm

the cost to buy

Razan_GM

Postby Razan_GM » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:07 pm

In Classic it was 1500 silver for Standard Spell matrix object, 3000 for Enchanced and so on. Their Availability was Very Rare.

vandulus

Postby vandulus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm

I was looking in a 3ed book and couldn't find a cost list for the objects.

I am sure a rank3 spell matric object (normal) has to cost more than a rank 1

it just seems like I remember seeing a something about how much they cost somewhere but I can't find it

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:39 pm

All spell matrix objects are purchased without a rank. The spellcaster then weaves a thread to the object (rank 1) and increases the rank as a normal thread item.

Hopefully this clears everything up.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

vandulus

Postby vandulus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:05 pm

it sure doesn't . . .

on page 280 of the 3rd ed book, it shows a chart of the spell matric objects.

Are you saying that if I buy a spell matrix object, its really a rank 15 thread item?

4th ed Earthdawn, Spell Matrix Objects are thread items you have to weave a thread to power.
what are the costs in SP to buy a basic, enhanced, armored and shared? I am assuming the LP to weave the thread follows the steps, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12,13-15

thanks

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

vandulus

Postby vandulus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:18 pm

alright then, I guess I will wing it and tell them a butt load

Shuntyr

Postby Shuntyr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello,

A short answer based on ED1/ED3

The 'players Companion' states ED1/ED3
"You would need to use a combination of true elements and Orichalcum.
True elements range from 50-100+ per kernel."

The type and quantity would be up to you
Orichalcum runs 500-1000+
The player would need to be able to hold the true elements (containers aren't free!)
The player would either need to find someone to make it (us wizards don't like to share, it pains me to divulge this much)
or have your players learn to make it themselves.

As a GM, I would never let a player buy one, but I would give one as a well earned reward.

But to answer your question...(did I say this was a short answer?)
If a player wanted to make one, I would not let it be done for less than 3K silver and an adventure to collect some of
the ingredients.
You could also require your players to perform a deed or quest for a high level enchanter/crafter in return for making the spell matrix item.
(the cost of the material is still the responsibility of the players though!)

Overall the actual creation process is up to you.

Hope this is helpful

Return to “Product Discussion”