Did a horror create 4th Ed?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vandulus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Did a horror create 4th Ed?

Postby vandulus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Just a couple of thoughts and questions

1: Dispel magic: Nethermancer Talent option Circle 1, Wizard Discipline Circle one but Illusionist and Elementalist have to wait until circle 5? Harshness Parker
1a: I know it says talents and spells, I used to allow dispel magic the spell to counter Horror powers, I guess that's out? Powers = horror talents? I guess not since they don't really have a discipline other than Villain

2: Counter Spell the spell is gone! You Bastards!

3: Its getting expensive to be a Human spell caster now. Versatility gained talents are now one step higher and all spells cost LP to learn. Was this by design to break the 4 thread Human caster?

4: Is the rule of 3 still in effect? 1 talent, 1 item and 1 spell? I got a Swordsmaster trying to modify his init one too many times I think.

5: I couldn't find it but are we spending Karma on every talent from a discipline? including talent options? Does this mean we can spend more than 1 karma a round?

6: Are basic thread items going to be in the GM guide? If so can we get a preview so I can give my players something to work with.

7: Are all the old spells from 3rd ED out out or just going to make an appearance in later books? Improved Karma comes to mind

8: If this version the final version just missing art?

9: What do you mean Neden died without leaving an heir? Everyone knows . . . Spoiler Alert . . .

Everyone knows that Jada Denairastas started a romance with the young prince to get close to the king. Like so many times in the tales and songs of legends, she fell in love with the strong blond prince. So instead of remaining pure for her dragon overlord to impregnate her, she had a child with Neden.

Everyone knows that

thanks

Panda

Re: Did a horror create 4th Ed?

Postby Panda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:23 pm

1a) Correct.
2) See #7
3) Not specifically.
4) No, it is not.
5) Correct, you can spend karma on every talent gained through a discipline. I don't think you were ever limited to only 1 karma a round, though I could be remembering incorrectly from 1E.
6) Yes; there has been a thread item preview already. Josh may do another one soon as the GM's Guide approaches.
7) It depends on if the spell can updated in a workable form.
8) Errors are still being collected.

Hopefully this covers everything.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Baravakar

Re: Did a horror create 4th Ed?

Postby Baravakar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”