Wait for 4th edition?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
H2Os
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wait for 4th edition?

Postby H2Os » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Hello, I'm completely new to Barsaive. I'm eager to dig in to the lore. Is 4th edition close enough to wait for(for rules)?

As for books on lore is there recommendations? If you could only choose one lore book what would it be?

Lorm_the_Unhappy

Re: Wait for 4th edition?

Postby Lorm_the_Unhappy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:25 pm

For me I think the adventure companion would be the one best book for giving the flavor of Barsaive. It contains a bunch of the classic first edition adventures.

If you are looking for an "guide book" type source book my personal favorite was the Serpent River. It covers a lot of area and different cultures, and provides links between the major powers of Barsaive. That and T'skrang are awesome :)

aprewett

Postby aprewett » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:11 am

Also completely new to the setting.
Did you just recommend a book that is totally out of print?
As my search of the net shows one made by Redbrick, but I could not find where to get it.
If, like the dinosaurs, its not available why mention it?
Great if I am wrong, and thanks for the recommendation.
Allan

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:35 am

Roth

Postby Roth » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Lorm_the_Unhappy

Postby Lorm_the_Unhappy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:23 pm

aprewett

Postby aprewett » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:43 am

Thanks
You said 'copies', you hoarder!!!
Sorry 'collector'.
Allan

Lorm_the_Unhappy

Postby Lorm_the_Unhappy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:59 am

Nahor

Postby Nahor » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm

ebay
amazon (do a search and look for non-amazon merchants)
DrivethruRPG for pdf
Troll and Toad and Noble Knight Games both do out of print copies of lots of games. <-- these two websites have been really good in terms of finding hard to find stuff, but ebay is a great place too.

LouProsperi

Postby LouProsperi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Should I reiterate here that I have extra copies of some of the ED1 products that I'm willing to part with?

Throal, Secret Societies, and Cara Fahd are gone, but I have an extra of just about everything else.

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi

Return to “Product Discussion”