Holidays

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Holidays

Postby etherial » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:21 am

I was doing some research online and I've found many different sources for Holidays in Earthdawn, especially conflicting ones. For example, I found two calendars that had Equinoxen on 2 Teayu. One had it as the Vernal Equinox, the other as the Autumnal Equinox. What holidays do you like to use in your Barsaive and when are your celestial events?

Kasbak

Re: Holidays

Postby Kasbak » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:32 pm

I've adopted a setup from Tarliman and made the 15th of each month a feast day for one of the Passions. The Barsavian week doesn't really set itself up to have a weekend, so it's kind of a big deal for the major part of society to get a day off of work and really cut loose. The feast days for the Mad Passions tend to be more somber, quiet days to reflect on everything the Scourge took from the world and strengthen one's resolve against the Horrors. Of course Questors of the Mad Passions will still go out and celebrate in secrecy (or sometimes not so secret, which is generally fuel for an encounter). In the arbitrary order my text document has, the correlation goes as follows:

Strassa = Dis
Veltom = Floranuus
Charassa = Lochost
Rua = Jaspree
Mawag = Mynbruje
Gahmil = Garlen
Raquas = Astendar
Sollus = Vestrial
Riag = Upandal
Teayu = Chorrolis
Borrum = Thystonius
Doddul = Raggok

Return to “Product Discussion”