Bestiary

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Baravakar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bestiary

Postby Baravakar » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:38 am

Is there any plans on creating an Earthdawn Bestiary book with a summary of all the monster created for game? This would be a beneficial book to have as a GM.

When I use monsters as opponents, I like to have a basis to work from and then modify, them as needed, to balance the encounter to the PC's current circles/ranks.

Currently, the monsters are spread over several different books. (Gamemaster's Guide, Gamemaster's Companion, Kratas - City of Thieves, etc)

Kasbak

Re: Bestiary

Postby Kasbak » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:58 pm

Check Creatures of Barsaive if you're looking for a single standard book; it's old, but the information inside is still relevant and it's all done as narrative, so it's a good read on its own.

As for upcoming plans, I haven't heard that a revised creatures book is planned at this point, though I imagine it'll be in the works so long as 4th edition remains successful, given how much expanding has been done since Creatures of Barsaive came out.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the intent is to get out the new material and new rules first, and then look to go back and update existing work.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:58 am

Most info were incorporated into Gamemaster's Guide & Companion in 3rd Edition. Probably it will be the same for the 4th.
Duvvelsheyss

etherial

Postby etherial » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:38 am

I have intentions of starting a blog that goes back and re-examines old material and converts it into ED4.

Baravakar

Postby Baravakar » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Thanks for the info. The Fourth edition update blog sounds like a nice thing.

etherial

Postby etherial » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:41 pm

I've been thinking of something like this too.

Return to “Product Discussion”