Character Longevity

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jaracove
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Character Longevity

Postby Jaracove » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Assuming you play once a week, has anyone calculated how long it might take a character to reach 15th Circle?

Are we talking months, half a year, a year or two?

etherial

Re: Character Longevity

Postby etherial » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 pm

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:57 pm

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:35 pm

the current group i have been running for 5 years and they are all between 11 and 13 circle...

EDChronicler

Postby EDChronicler » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

I got a character playing wise, to 5th circle in about 9 months. But I was stationed in Japan and we played almost every weekend, Fri / Sat (usually with me waking everyone up about noon-ish to start again for the Sat game.. Not a standard real life play schedule.

But we were a tad generous with Legend in all probability this was also from Mar 96 to Aug (ish) 97. So First Edition rules apply.

Ahh the good ole days.

Jaracove

Postby Jaracove » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Really looking forward to 4ed. ED is by far my favourite fantasy rpg

It's been way too long since I GM'd this

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:50 pm

My character is just getting ready for 8th Circle, and I started him at First back in 2006. We've had some low points in play frequency, but on average it has been biweekly for the whole duration.

When I run, I'm more generous about giving down time for players to meditate and advance. My main game had characters get mostly to 7th Circle after about three or four years playing biweekly.

Qui_Revient_de_Loin

Postby Qui_Revient_de_Loin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:24 am

Well, i have the inverse feeling: it's too long !
When i play once a month, i'm happy and i would be so sorry that my player can't do the really cool stuff of the advance circle. So i prefer areally quick progression, like circle one to 4-5 in a year (10 session).

So i've always found the recommanded LP ridicully low and be far more generous than the "generous" recommandation.

(Session) life is short, so i live fast !
Another Earthdawn french fan :) and not fluent in english...
--
My ED campaign blog:

Return to “Product Discussion”