Earthdawn Miniatures - KickStarter - advice requested

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
impactminiatures
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Earthdawn Miniatures - KickStarter - advice requested

Postby impactminiatures » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:41 pm

I have recently negotiated a license with FASA and with ZN Games (who had the Heartbreaker license) to return the Earthdawn miniatures back to market at pretty reasonable prices (around $3 to $5 each).

As part of working with ZN Games I have the original masters now for almost all of the Heartbreaker Earthdawn miniatures. I want to make sure the KickStarter to pay for all the molding and licensing that will need to be done funds so I'd like to start simple with just 8 molds as the beginning funding goal and then offer to unlock the other 37 possible molds we could make as stretch goals for every $1000 overfunded.

Where I could really use the help of Earthdawn players is helping me pick which 8 miniatures would be the 8 you would most like to see brought back.

All the miniatures can be found here: http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... =Earthdawn

If you could just list your top 8 part numbers that would be great. I plan to produce the molds similar to how the original moldings was done ... so if you really like for example 350 T'Skrang with facemask .. you can just list 350 as if I made that mold I would create the Winged T'Skrang at the same time as well just like the original molds.

So let me know your favorite 8 mold numbers and that would be a really big help for me to determine what to start with for the KickStarter.

Thank you in advance for any responses. I am hoping to launch the KickStarter around the 2nd week of October.

Tom @ Impact!

Swingwombat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Earthdawn Miniatures - KickStarter - advice requested

Postby Swingwombat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:45 am

302, 303, 305, 307, 325, 336, 345, 352

But that is my adventuring party so :D
Swingwombat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Faylaa - Windling Windscout 4th Circle, Protector Of Ardanyen

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:14 pm

My choices would be:

353 (Alachia), 350 (K'stulaani - "winged T'skrang"), 331 (Despairthought), 309 (T'skrang Magic User), 303A (T'skrang), 303B (T'skrang), 302C (Windling), 325 (Obsidiman Warrior)

...For me, it's mostly about looking for the things that are more.. uniquely Earthdawn. The ones that other sets don't already have miniatures for. "Elven Archers", for example, are not lacking from the shelves of any store that carries miniatures, and the three here don't really add anything to the concept.

So that's mostly the T'skrang, because nobody really has anything that looks like a T'skrang, and Alachia, because Thorn Elves are likewise just... not something you see every day.

Windlings.. well, there are minis of small flying people around. Most of them aren't quite right for a Windling, and I do like C; likewise the Obsidiman isn't completely irreplaceable, but you'd usually have to compromise more. I'm pretty closely balanced between the Shadowmant and the Despairthought, but the Despairthought is well molded, and a pretty good representation of the Horrors. (Better, to my eye, than either of the ones marked Horror.)

I'd suggest grouping the rest into sets to unlock with Stretch Goals.
Last edited by Utsukushi on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 pm

I agree that starting with the T'Skrang is really the place to be. I'm honestly kinda confused for the nostalgia people have for the Heartbreaker minis because they look pretty old and tired to my eye, but there's still nothing out there that really says T'Skrang. I'd create a survey on Surveymonkey or whatever and as people back your Kickstarter, they can express their preferences for what's next and you can just roll out whatever has the highest demand (or maybe tease them a little).

impactminiatures

Postby impactminiatures » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 pm

impactminiatures

Postby impactminiatures » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:45 pm

lordbaylay

Postby lordbaylay » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:16 pm

I like fairly neutral figures so that they could be used in a variety of ways, for various disciplines. My choices would be: 302, 303, 305, 3011A/B
Also, what I'd really like to see is more creatures, beasts, horrors. As a DM I know that I'd spend mre money on those figures rather than one character figure per player.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:38 pm

When I first learned that these were found, I was pretty psyched. I have a bunch of the figures from when they were first released, and were some of the first figures that I painted. (I'll need to haul them out and take some good pictures to show how these things can paint up really nice.)

So... my choices, selfishly, would be for figures that I don't already have. :) I picked up nearly all the t'skrang figures, and while I would love to see them back, I also like the various trolls (most of which I don't have) and the ED creatures. This list is longer than you wanted, but here's my feeling on the first pass through (in no particular order)

305 troll
306 troll skyraider
309 magic-users (for the t'skrang caster)
321 espagra
322 shadowmant
328 wormskulls
329 troll warrior
331 despairthought
334 troll illusionist
341 cave troll
347 bloodlore troll
348 southern troll
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

earthdawn66

Postby earthdawn66 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 am

Personally i would like to see one of each of the Basic Races in Book... IE one for each template.... then expand from there maybe... but either way i am so buying each one that is in the Kickstarter when it goes live

impactminiatures

Postby impactminiatures » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks everyone ... all the feedback is much appreciated.

As for painted images ... if anyone has any online (Dan Scheppard already gave me permission to his gallery) ... I would love to make use of them to make the KickStarter better. So Mataxes ... would love to see painted images from your collection.

I welcome more feedback on what you'd like to see most. Based on all the feedback I've had so far ... if I started it today ... looks like the starting 8 molds would be:
302 Windlings (3 figures) ($3 each or $7 for all 3)
303 T'Skrang (3 figures) ($3 each or $7 for all 3)
305 Troll ($5)
323 Turtle only ($6)
325 Obsidiman Warrior ($5)
331 Despairthought ($5)
334 Troll Illusionist ($5)
345 Death's Head Nethermancers (2 figures) ($3 each or $5 for both)
350 T'Skrang Champions (2 figures) + T'Skrang Mage (309) ($3 each or $7 for all 3)

In obtaining the masters from ZN Games found a completed mold for the Turtle for the 323 Ork Beastmaster so we can include that in the mix. So if we started this today we would have those 16 miniatures as the starting set. Funding goal to put those into production would need to be $2,500. After that .. starting at $4,000 we'll be able to unlock the next mold and then another mold every $1,000 after that.

This is not finalized ... definitely interested in hearing more feedback on what the starting figures should be to help use fund this project and then unlock as many of the extra molds as possible.

Return to “Product Discussion”