Preview - Poison

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Preview - Poison

Postby Mataxes » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 pm

New blog preview is up! Tear it apart, ye savages!

http://www.fasagames.com/blog/?post_id= ... e---poison
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

kosmit

Re: Preview - Poison

Postby kosmit » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:11 am

I like it and hope there will be some nasty poisons as well as antidotes presented :D

When we are talking about interval. Have you considered adding this to Sustained Action abilities to know how often you need to roll?
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:31 am

Interval doesn't really fit as a sustained action. The point of a sustained action is that it takes up your standard action each round for X amount of time. Sine poison Resistance and Effect tests don't take up the standard action, that doesn't really apply.

In general, I've been tracking it the way I track spell effects and the like, counting down on/after the character's turn during a round.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

etherial

Postby etherial » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks for the update. This looks like a great revamp of the mechanic.

LouProsperi

Postby LouProsperi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:11 am

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

For me it's hard to understand why negative modifiers don't apply to Resistance Tests. Generally poison makes you weaker and it should be harder to resist with time.

Is there any difference between paralytic and debiliating poisons other than stats used to resist them? Because effect (you can't act) is the same.
Duvvelsheyss

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Much of what you describe is actually how they function; at least, I think it is what you are describing. Though I am fairly certain you are misunderstanding how the death functions work. Against a character with a Toughness Step of 7, a debilitating poison would not need a result of 14, but 7 successes. For this to be instant, it would require a result of 37. The Iron Constitution talent improves resistance to poison and disease.
Last edited by Panda on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh, I see... but the penalty is -2 per success, so it would only take 7 successes to get a Total Penalty of 14, wouldn't it?

Iron Constitution (and Cold Purify) are both pretty rare, but I think that's OK -- poisons, and antidotes, both seem like things that are best kept in the equipment section to me.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Yeah, I did my math wrong. Apologies for that.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Return to “Product Discussion”