disciplines beyond the player book

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Panda

Re: disciplines beyond the player book

Postby Panda » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Sangius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sangius » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks, as always, for your sound and timely feedback.

Marceli
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Marceli » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:36 am

Roth

Postby Roth » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Marceli

Postby Marceli » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:39 am

Roth

Postby Roth » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:26 pm

We still use the 1e & 2e method of advancement: Talents/Rank: 5/2, 6/3, 7/4, 8/5, etc. Progress at later circles is faster than it was. Have you ever done the math at later circle advancement?
The book decides talent pool 1-8, 9-15 We added in another 6-10 talents for some spice
Yes Iconic talent must be advanced all circles, but also a "who the character is". That means(for us) not every adept in the same discipline will have the same iconic talent.

Relearning talents? sure why not. You should suffer your in the game world decisions, not your out of game world decisions.

Marceli

Postby Marceli » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:24 am

Advancement:
1&2 noted, we use 3 so we have talent pool already done: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-15 (but i understand your divide now).
Yeah, but legend pool is expanding. Usually each session should give you enough LP to advance 1 talent form current Tier) to next level -> 7 circle Adpet, 7 circle talent from 7 to 8.

And of course this means that every circle advancement take 1 more session (at least ) then earlier circle.

Iconic -> not bad idea :) Can iconic be swapped to more powerful version later ? - talent not available at earlier circle.

Relearning -> I know i can what curious if anyone try and have some experience :)

Griznah

Purifier

Postby Griznah » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:43 am

Hi all.

Since you all have been so helpful, maybe you can help me as well?

For the last year and a half I've been playing a Purifier(/Elementalist, 7/5) in 3E and I'd like to continue doing just that.
Anyone here willing to help me convert him to 4E? Currently I'm playing like a tank, but in 3E his dura is 7/6 which is "only" third highest, should he fall into the new Dura 5 instead?

Eagerly awaiting feedback =)

PS: Current talents (for the ones without easy access to Namegiver's):
Initiate Options: Acrobatic Strike, Avoid Blow, Battle Shout, Sprint, Wilderness Survival
First Circle: Body Control("claw shape"), Clay Skin("Wood Skin"), Karma Ritual, Unarmed Combat, Wound Balance

Novice Options: Creature Analysis, Durability (7/6),Heartening Laugh, Maneuver, Swift Kick, Throwing Weapons, Tiger Spring, Tracking
Second Circle: Lifesight
Third Circle: Spirit Talk
Fourth Circle: Earth Weaving
...And then I remembered: http://www.earthdawncompendium.com/disc ... 193f000009 which also shows the bonuses. Note, Fifth Circle is incorrect, the talent is Earth Bond.
Earth Bond
Step: Rank+TOU Action: Standard
The Earth Bond talent increases the natural connection obsidimen have with the earth and allows an adept to either heal by drawing upon earth’s
power, or to nurture the earth and allow it to recover from damage.
Th adept must be touching or standing on natural ground to use
Earth Bond.
When using Earth Bond to heal himself, the adept spends a
Recovery Test, then makes an Earth Bond Test and reduces his
Current Damage by an amount no higher than the result. Doing
so saps life energy from the surrounding area.
When using Earth Bond to nurture an area, the adept spends a
Recovery Test, then makes an Earth Bond Test and suffrs a number
of Damage Points of his choosing no higher than the result, this
damage cannot cause Wounds. Doing so enriches the surrounding area with the adept’s life energy.
The affected area is the one within Earth Bond Rank yards of
the adept. The effects the transfer of life energy has on an area are
determined by the gamemaster. It is suggested that a transfer of
double the Earth Bond Rank Damage Points causes small but visible effects in a moderately fertile area (a number of leaves turning
brown, for example), with effects worsening the more barren the
area, but hardly being noticeably in very fertile environs.

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:56 am

Greetings,

This is one of the discipline side-projects I am working on in my spare time. I will move it closer to the top and some of my more esoteric items down. I cannot make any promises on the timeline. Purifier is sufficiently unique to require additional development work.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Griznah

Postby Griznah » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Sweet, thanks! I'm an avid reader of your site, so I will catch it there!
Btw, we also have a shaman in group, is that one also on your spare time list?

Return to “Product Discussion”