I had a thorough read of the Spell Magic section of the book on my holidays. I really like what you guys have done with the Illusionist and Wizards! They are really strong alternatives the Elementalist and Nethermancer.
I've added a bunch of typos to the Google spreadsheet (hopefully you have time to fix them Mataxes), but there were other questions I had about some of the spells which I hope you can answer:Mantle of the Fire Marauder, Bone Circle, Dancing Dragon, Summon Fog Ghost, and others:
They all base their Effect Step on the magician's Circle. What would the Effect be for humans who learn these spells through Versatility?Mantle of the Reflecting Pool
- Seems strange that this gives a bonus to Conversation since Elementalists can't access that Talent. Is this more of a party support spell?Ride the lightning
- In the description it reads: "With three successes, he may immediately act as though he has not taken any actions
yet this round." Does this mean with 3 successes he can take only Simple Actions, or does it mean he uses a Standard Action to cast, and then can use another Standard Action (plus his Simple/Free actions) after being transported?Shattering Stone
- I know this was originally an ED3 spell but some clarification is needed. Does the caster have to roll Throwing Weapons or Dexterity to throw the stone so it is in range of their target/s?Best Face
- "The target gains a +3 bonus to Disguise Self (and may use Disguise Self as a default skill if they do not possess it)" So does this mean you can use Disguise Self after casting Best Face? Because they seem to do the same thing. Or is it kind of like using one illusion to strengthen another? If that is the case, does this mean if someone pierces the Best Face illusion with a high enough Sensing Test result, it will also end the Diguise Self illusion?Rampage
- Do the +3 bonuses to Attack and Damage stack with Aggressive Attack (I assume they do, but it's not clear).Aspect of the Menacing Tyrant
- I'm a bit confused by this one. It says all NPCs are treated as having a Neutral attitude - does this include those who already have an Unfriendly/Hostile/Enemy attitudes? It also says: "When the duration ends, any attitude of any gamemaster character the target applied the benefit to decreases by one level." So if an NPC tries to Intimidate the target while the spell is in effect and the target uses their +6 bonus to resist, the NPC's attitude will drop one level lower after the spell ends. Is that right?Send Message
- what happens to the note when the Duration ends? I assume the note disappears/self-destructs?Astral Sense
- this First Circle spell can improve a Wizard's Astral Sight talent, but Wizards don't get Astral Sight until Second Circle making the spell useless until they reach that Circle. Astral Sight is a First Circle talent for Nethermancers, why isn't a First Circle talent for Wizards?
Sorry about the mega-post. Oh, btw my favourite sentence in the book so far? Aspect of the Cowardly Skulk: "The target immediately drops into a crouch and takes on a squirrel-like demeanor
." I love the thought of an Obsidiman Nethermancer casting this.