Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
peterjk3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby peterjk3 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:31 am

CracktusJack
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CracktusJack » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:56 am

CracktusJack

Postby CracktusJack » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:02 am

Dale

Postby Dale » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 pm

On a side note, please double check the page references in the index. I was looking there and noticed some were a page off. Not a huge deal, but if you are going to be doing all the internal page references it would probably be worth the hour or two it would take to check each one once the art is all in. This was a couple of days back but I am wanting to say a p. 482 reference was actually on p. 481 (looking up Vestrial maybe?) along with another more mid-book that I don't recall off hand.
Dale

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 am

Yeah, the index hasn't been updated with each version of the build. That is definitely on the radar, though.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

shiinx

Postby shiinx » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:52 am

You mentioning not updating the index with each build and a lot of page reference not being set got me curious. What kind of software are you using to write and layout the Earthdawn books? Shouldn't this be an automatic task by the software? Granted, I do most of my work using LaTex, but even MS Word gets page references right (well that was Word 2003, haven't used it much since then).

Oh, and could you please change the forum settings so that after logging in, one is redirected to the last page one was visiting before logging in and not to the list of all sub-forums. Currently, when I read a thread and want to contribute, I log in and then have to find this thread once more - which is very inconvenient (and staying logged in is not an option).

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:58 am

Dale

Postby Dale » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:29 am

That is assuming they've linked to the section (or set up sections) rather than just having it hard coded. I think I mentioned something about it back in the early pages of the thread in relation to the p.xx references.

Having had to reference large documents with moving parts, setting up defined sections and linking page numbering to that is one of the greatest things that can be done. It takes care of so many tiny headaches.
Dale

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:10 pm

I had a thorough read of the Spell Magic section of the book on my holidays. I really like what you guys have done with the Illusionist and Wizards! They are really strong alternatives the Elementalist and Nethermancer. :thumbup:

I've added a bunch of typos to the Google spreadsheet (hopefully you have time to fix them Mataxes), but there were other questions I had about some of the spells which I hope you can answer:

Mantle of the Fire Marauder, Bone Circle, Dancing Dragon, Summon Fog Ghost, and others: They all base their Effect Step on the magician's Circle. What would the Effect be for humans who learn these spells through Versatility?

Mantle of the Reflecting Pool - Seems strange that this gives a bonus to Conversation since Elementalists can't access that Talent. Is this more of a party support spell?

Ride the lightning - In the description it reads: "With three successes, he may immediately act as though he has not taken any actions
yet this round." Does this mean with 3 successes he can take only Simple Actions, or does it mean he uses a Standard Action to cast, and then can use another Standard Action (plus his Simple/Free actions) after being transported?

Shattering Stone - I know this was originally an ED3 spell but some clarification is needed. Does the caster have to roll Throwing Weapons or Dexterity to throw the stone so it is in range of their target/s?

Best Face - "The target gains a +3 bonus to Disguise Self (and may use Disguise Self as a default skill if they do not possess it)" So does this mean you can use Disguise Self after casting Best Face? Because they seem to do the same thing. Or is it kind of like using one illusion to strengthen another? If that is the case, does this mean if someone pierces the Best Face illusion with a high enough Sensing Test result, it will also end the Diguise Self illusion?

Rampage - Do the +3 bonuses to Attack and Damage stack with Aggressive Attack (I assume they do, but it's not clear).

Aspect of the Menacing Tyrant - I'm a bit confused by this one. It says all NPCs are treated as having a Neutral attitude - does this include those who already have an Unfriendly/Hostile/Enemy attitudes? It also says: "When the duration ends, any attitude of any gamemaster character the target applied the benefit to decreases by one level." So if an NPC tries to Intimidate the target while the spell is in effect and the target uses their +6 bonus to resist, the NPC's attitude will drop one level lower after the spell ends. Is that right?

Send Message - what happens to the note when the Duration ends? I assume the note disappears/self-destructs?

Astral Sense - this First Circle spell can improve a Wizard's Astral Sight talent, but Wizards don't get Astral Sight until Second Circle making the spell useless until they reach that Circle. Astral Sight is a First Circle talent for Nethermancers, why isn't a First Circle talent for Wizards?

Sorry about the mega-post. Oh, btw my favourite sentence in the book so far? Aspect of the Cowardly Skulk: "The target immediately drops into a crouch and takes on a squirrel-like demeanor." I love the thought of an Obsidiman Nethermancer casting this. :lol:

Panda

Postby Panda » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:10 am

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Return to “Product Discussion”