Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
kosmit

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby kosmit » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:33 pm

+1 for sustained Action duration clarification.
Duvvelsheyss

peterjk3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby peterjk3 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:24 pm

This really isn't a complaint, I'm wondering what the line of thinking that went into making magicians spend legend on spells. Seems like that will slow down their circle progression compared to the more martial disciplines. Thanks

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Legend Points on spells has been an optional rule for quite some time. I believe the logic behind it is that, since spells can be used without any realistic limit per day, they are essentially an additional ability and should include the associated costs for balance, just like Talents and Talent Knacks do. I personally have never seen a problem with it in prior editions since the caster already has to spend LP's on Spellcasting, Thread Weaving, and Matricies. If I recall correctly, there were changes being made to reduce or remove LP costs for Matricies for the new edition (I haven't actually gotten the draft since I simply don't have the time at the moment to give it the attention it deserves), so I can see where that balancing factor being removed would warrant LP costs on spells to compensate. All conjecture on my part, of course.

peterjk3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby peterjk3 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:33 pm

I like the non armor defeating rules. Most players get more Good successes than excellent and now will be rewarded. That being said, how will this effect Thread Items powers? For example, Weapons that can defeat armor at Good success level for X Strain (Could not remember exact weapon or location), or Armor that needs Extraordinary Success to defeat armor (Killimars's Armor of Rose Petals pg 130 Blood Wood.)

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Need some clarifications:

1) Can an archer use Call Missile to rip arrows from fighting targets? How much dmg would that inflict? How much dmg will take arrow ripped from enemy (during tortures or something).
2) Bonus to attack from Anticipate Blow apply only to first target, or to every first attack against every opponent (targeted with talent)?
3) Can you use Crystal Buckler with Missile Weapons? (There is no info about it in description)
4) How many times per Round can you use Mystic Aim?
5) On first circle Weaponsmith is allowed to use Karma on his Craftsman ability and he can use Karma for repairing and crafting. Does that mean he can spend 2 Karma points per craft/repair on the 1st Circle.
Last edited by kosmit on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Spellcasters got their number of Matrices decreased. What is the reason behind that?
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Last edited by Panda on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”