Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Also want to throw in a big thank you. Great job guys. Can't wait to see the final PDF. :)

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Questions regarding actual updates to text are in the realm of Josh.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:45 am

What kind of throwing weapons archer can create with their 5th circle ability? Hawk hatchets, spears, flying daggers?
Duvvelsheyss

Sethariel

Postby Sethariel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:30 am

That was actually my question, Kosmit, don't steal ;)

Anyway I was wondering if you have created that ability having specific projectiles in mind, or is there a place for interpretation for GMs (I would even like it, I always liked rules that allow some interpretation).

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 am

Bigger/better weapons should have higher Strain cost or all of them should have fixed DMG step but for fun it could be possible to create weapon's type commonly used by character :)
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:58 am

There are no limits to the throwing weapons which can be created. The only text which could be added would limit the items to only the Archer for use.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Dougansf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dougansf » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:04 am

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:14 am

I am not concerned about someone following the Archer discipline, creating a spear for a few minutes, then stabbing people in melee combat. Clearly they have invested a lot for not much in return - Archers don't get Melee Weapons. This means we are seeing Versatility, skills, or multiple disciplines where optimization probably isn't a priority.

There comes a point where fear of someone "abusing" the rules does more harm than any actual abuse. To me, this is that point since by the time you are Fifth Circle, a basic weapon is on the desperate side. Arrows benefit from enhancements on the bow itself, while everything else - not so much. It can be a house rule, but the magic behind it doesn't care how it is being used, so long as the creator is using it.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:45 am

Is person targeted by a spell is aware of that? It is possible to use Steel Thought when surprised? Target know he deflected spell?
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:52 am

Didn't you ask this a week ago? In general, the questions around what does the target know are the realm of GM discretion. Making rules around this is too subjective and will depend too much on the specific spells involved and the situation. In most cases, I would say they have at least an inkling something happened.

Return to “Product Discussion”