Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Sundahk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby Sundahk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:51 am

PM and email summary of the issues sent Josh. Let me know if you don't get it.

Sethariel

Postby Sethariel » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 am

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:14 am

One more question from me:

Why did you change the logo? It was great, recognizable and iconic and I would like to know you what made you do that :)
Duvvelsheyss

Gkeckley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gkeckley » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:00 pm

How does a thread to a pattern item such as a group thread apply to Durability Rating? In previous editions as Durability was a talent it just increased its rank. Now it is an ability not a talent and has a rating not a rank. Do you just add the rank of the thread straight to your durability rating? So if you had a rank 5 thread and Durability Rating 7 does this then become a Durability Rating 12? So you would add 12 x circle to Unconsciousness Rating and Death Rating whenever the conditions of the thread are met.

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:30 am

Not quite. A thread rank would increase your effective Circle; this also applies to Karma Ritual. It may be better explained in the text to have characters gain those abilities at a rank equal to their Circle.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:42 am

Oh I thought it increases durability modifier...
Duvvelsheyss

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Can I get clarification on the Disarm Talent. The wording is just not making sense to me atm, does Disarm ever do Damage to the target? If the target takes no Damage in any situation I'd prefer to call the second roll an Effect test instead of a Damage test.

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Disarm does not cause damage, in this case, the Damage test is an Effect test to determine how far away the weapons goes.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:00 am

I've always wondered why Disarm is not connected anyway with Called Shot combat option and why Shattering a Shield is also not connected. Called Shot always seemed mechanicaly odd to me because you couldn't use it to strike vital points...
Duvvelsheyss

etherial

Postby etherial » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 am

Return to “Product Discussion”