Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
kosmit

Pre-art draft feedback

Postby kosmit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:30 am

Since I've only had time to glance at this and still haven't read it all there is not much feedback in this but here you can add your comments.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I like the digest size even if I didn't like it before by you could make it more useful for example by giving chapter title on margin in a way that you could see where are chapters without opening book (I can post an example photo later).

I find it sad that there is not even one new item in equipment section :( no new potions and blood charms and thread items removed from PG. You could at least include items from Namegivers and Nations Sourcebooks. Also there could be more example characters since Morgan made a lot of them for his blog. I don't understand why pushing talents was removed.

When character sheet will become available?
Last edited by kosmit on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duvvelsheyss

Dougansf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby Dougansf » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:20 am

I imagine the extra lines you note in Chapter 2 are where art will be placed. They also serve as a chapter break, but I think some of them could be better placed in the story.

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:15 am

Some of those line breaks in chapter 2 are layout errors, some are scene/narrative breaks.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Do you like feedback organised in this way or you prefer something else?

Other people are free to add bugs they've spotted :)
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 pm

That way works fine. It actually makes it kind of easy to compare to my own notes as I work through the layout myself.
Josh Harrison --

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Had a chance to briefly read chapter one yesterday, I'll dive in again tonight.

I like the idea of a central feedback document, nice one Kosmit.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:13 pm

I wonder why spells are not given in the same manner as in 3rd ed:
Clarion Call
Threads: 3
Weaving: 8/13
Casting: TMD
Range: 40 yards
Duration: Rank rounds
Effect: WIL+4

Instead of
Clarion Call
Threads: 1
Weaving: 8/17 Casting: TSD
Range: 40 yards (20 hexes) Duration: Rank+12 rounds
Effect: WIL+4

I am talking about layout not hexes and stat changes.

Can somebody explain me how exactly works True Switch with Duration of One Round and how the Switch spell is different than Form Exchange?
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Switch makes it look like two people have exchanged places, when they have not; e.g. Tam is in prison and Jess is outside. After casting Switch, it appears Jess is in prison and Tam is outside. After the duration is up, the illusion disappears.

True Switch actually exchanges places between two people; e.g. After casting True Switch, Jess is now in prison and Tam is now outside. There is no illusion to maintain, thus the duration is just one round.

Form Exchange actually exchanges places between two people, but it appears no one has moved; e.g. After casting Form Exchange, it appears Tam is in prison and Jess is outside, however, Jess is actually in prison and Tam is actually outside. After the duration is up, the illusion disappears.

Hopefully this clarifies things.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Ok, so why Switch got extended duration with bonus threads woven?
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:27 pm

When the duration expires the illusion ends. Allowing the duration to be extended maintains the illusion that the targets have switched places for a longer period of time.

And to answer your question on the layout difference... I don't know offhand. My guess is the layout person has them in there as they were in the source document I sent him.
Josh Harrison --

Return to “Product Discussion”