Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Panda

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby Panda » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:23 am

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:58 am

Ok, I got what I asked :) thanks!

When do you plan to finish gathering feedback?
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm planning on wrapping it up this weekend.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Ok, so maybe wrap it up on this weekend and release final draft for one last week to catch last bugs?
Duvvelsheyss

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:12 pm

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:22 pm

Some options may see an appearance in later books. Many of them were cut either for space, and/or because they fall under more "advanced rules".

"Direction Sense" never worked for me as a talent name because the name (at least to me) gives an impression that isn't really borne out by the talent name -- it calls to mind the ability to orient yourself, to sense what direction is north/south/up/down whatever.

(This is kind of similar to the way the old "Sense Danger" talent bugged me, because what the name implies doesn't really convey what the talent does. The new version "Danger Sense" is much more in line with what it conjures, and is a better talent to boot.)
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

sirserafin

Postby sirserafin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Maybe simple Direction Point then? As it shows where you should go to find what you want. And alternative descriptions for thieves and mages as in one of the post above will fit perfectly.

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:56 pm

I still think something like Mystic Tracking is a better name for what the talent does.

Gkeckley

Postby Gkeckley » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Okay maybe I missed the rule, but what is the rule on penalties stacking. Say an opponent has been Feightened by the talent for -4 to actions. Then the same oppenent is successfully Battle Shouted for -2. Is the opponent now -6 or merely -4 the higher of the two penalties.

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Traditionally, penalties will not stack if they are from the same "source", i.e you Taunt for -6, I Taunt for -4, the -6 wins until it's duration runs out.

Penalties from separate "sources" will stack, i.e. Harried+BattleShout+Taunt to really lock some-one down. Didn't see a place in the book addressing that, tho.

Return to “Product Discussion”