Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
peterjk3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby peterjk3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Last edited by peterjk3 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Panda

Postby Panda » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:32 pm

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Thank you for your replies. Probably I will post more tomorrow but I will try to put it in one post without editing ;) I was trying to avoid to many posts :)
Duvvelsheyss

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:56 am

Still working through it when something odd occurred to me, and I need a check:

Half-Magic (p107) states that the player rolls an Attribute + Circle (not 1/2 Circle), and is allowed to spend a Karma.

The Illusionist half-magic allow a roll to see the "truth" of a situation. They also get True Sight at second circle. Was the intention that these stack, so that a second circle Illusionist has Per+4+Karma Sensing tests, and a 5th Circle one Per+10+KArma? (Given talent rank = Circle)

Panda

Postby Panda » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 am

No, they do not stack. Half-magic isn't intended to be quite this useful. I have treated that usage as a asking for a hint about what is going on in a situation.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:56 am

Have you ever considered a change that for AoE spells like Blinding Glare you compare every target's Mystic Defense against Spellcasting result, and those whose Defense is beaten are affected by spell (compared to highest defense and spell affecting everyone). I remember that for previous editions many people got problems with spell targeting and there was pretty decent answer in FAQ.

I can recommend giving example for each targeting option in Spell Magic section. What happens when character enters Blizzard Sphere but weren't there when it was casted?
Is it possible to use Steel Thought to avoid Friendly Fire? What happens when person with Steel Thought has highest Mystic Defens successfully avoid spell? Whole group is unaffected? What happens when he got lower Defense but highest Mystic Defense is beaten. Can he use Steel Thought to protect himself?

What about target that re-enters AoE?
Why you won't treat AoE like in Thnderclap spell? It will be easier to understand I think.
Duvvelsheyss

Sundahk

Postby Sundahk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:04 am

Sorry to ask again but I didn't get an answer the first time :?

1. Combat Options - will they appear in GM's Guide or are they gone for good?

2. Direction Arrow - what was the reason for using this name for the Talent instead of Direction Sense, or one of the other suggestions made?

Thanks!
Sundahk.

Return to “Product Discussion”