Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
kosmit

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby kosmit » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:11 am

Still I haven't got answer why Pushing Talents was removed from the game.
Duvvelsheyss

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Quick guess:

A) The new Karma use on any Talent learned via a Discipline rule.

B) The focus in 4th Edition of making the core game "streamlined" and easier to learn and play.

C) It may come back in the GM Guide/Companion/ or maybe a new "Magic: A Manual of Mystic Secrets" that I think I saw hinted at previously.
Last edited by Telarus_KSC on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirserafin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sirserafin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 pm

In 3ed we had Optional Rules for damaging items - p. 224 of Player's Guide. I made a double check and failed in finding anything similiar in 4ed. Informations about posibility of destroying items in Goods and Service chapter are quite clear and seem to be standard rule so I ask again for rules of damaging items.

peterjk3

Postby peterjk3 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm just about done with my proofread. I went over the Sample characters in the back of the book and found some oddities. Each one was done a little different. With that in mind I have a question about Free Talents. They go up with your Circle automatically. They don't count towards increasing Circle requirements. When you first get them do you have to allocate some of your free 8 points you get for talents into the Free Talents. For example I make a Wizard. I get Standard Matrix A and Standard Matrix B at Rank 1 for free. I then spend my 8 points on Dispel Magic Rank 1, Item History Rank 1(Talent option,) Patterncraft Rank 1, Research Rank 1, Spellcasting Rank 2, And Wizardry Rank 2. Is this a valid build? Because pretty much every sample character who gets a free Talent is 1 rank point short by my estimation, unless I get Free talents wrong.

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:08 pm

I think that Willpower should be listed as an important attribute for Archers since Flame Arrow is based on that.
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

sirserafin

Postby sirserafin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Archers have Call Missile and Air Sailors have Air Sailing but Sample characters got 9 Ranks spend on talents what looks weird comparing them to Scout (free Navigation) and Thief (free Danger Sense) - 8 Ranks spend.

IMO, if Free Talents are really free magicians should have 10 Ranks spend (2 normal + 2 for 2 Free Matrices).

Edit: should be: (8 normal + 2 for 2 Free Matrices)
Last edited by sirserafin on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

sirserafin

Postby sirserafin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Oh, now I get it. Sorry for my English and thanks for clarification.

peterjk3

Postby peterjk3 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”