Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
sirserafin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby sirserafin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:49 am

Don't you think that Elemental Spear (Water) is too powerful? Healing targets during fight in such manner isn't too MMORPG style?
Recovery Test granted by spell can be made as Free Action (what is second abuse IMO)? Can the caster target himself with such spear?
It's almost two times better than Fireblood.

Razor Orb - isn't side effect too powerful? It will destroy any Magical Armor worth thousands of silvers in maximum 2 rounds! Even if the spell made no single damage. One point of Mystic Armor can save the armor but still.
Does it decrease natural armor of target (hide of the beasts, obsidimen racial ability, dragon scales and so on) - clarification needed.

Gkeckley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gkeckley » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 pm

For a spell like Astral Target where extra successes adds +2 rounds per success. What happens if you weave an additional thread to increase the duration to minutes instead of rounds? Does the extra successes then add +2 minutes per success instead of +2 rounds per success?

peterjk3

Postby peterjk3 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:04 am

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:14 am

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:20 am

Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 am

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:25 am

With regard to Razor Orb, he's probably referring to the rules on damaged armor in the equipment chapter; if all of the ratings on a suit of armor are reduced to 0, the item is destroyed.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 am

Hey, I'm going through in detail and will send in my comments soon, but as regards to language skills: Really, each language should be a seperate skill, with rank 3 being Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills (BICS) and rank 5 being Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP). Dialects should be treated as using the base language, but with a -2 penalty to understand the language. I am ESOL certified, it is for reals the way it should work (and honestly that's making it a little easier for the characters). No need to make the skill function differently in terms of time to learn, but getting a rank in language should not make you better at all of the languages you know.

For the talents, I actually think it would be easier to keep up with if the talent let you read or understand a mysterious language without you actually learning the language, like a Babel fish. Each time you are exposed to the language, you make a test against the Language's base DN, with extra successes required for

peterjk3

Postby peterjk3 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:11 am

On delayed and reserved action pg 418. In gray sidebar it talks about the effects this has on talents. I follow the rules until after the example when this is written, "Likewise, if a character is able to use a talent or ability that relies on a higher Initiative, but chooses to delay or reserve his action, he does not lose the option of using any applicable talents or abilities, or bonuses they might provide." It does not seem to agree with the example outside the sidebar. Herekar's initiative is now an 8 and he does not benefit from his earlier higher initiative, (losing additional attack for the Air Dance Talent).

Does he only lose his additional attack because he no longer has 3 successes and is not applicable anymore?

If he used Cobra strike instead would that still work against the cadaver men since it gives you a +2 per success and he still has one since they are tied?

All bonuses are granted at initiative roll? Bonuses can be lost if you delay or reserve costing yourself successes. But they can't be gained if an opponent delays or reserves after you because you did not have the bonus after the roll?

Panda

Postby Panda » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”