Pre-art draft feedback

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
kosmit

Re: Pre-art draft feedback

Postby kosmit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:13 pm

But there is no need to maintain illusion that they switched places since they actualy did that. (I was talking about True Switch, my mistake I didn't pointed that out).
Duvvelsheyss

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:07 pm

This looks like a copy paste error which was missed.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Well that makes more sense. :)

Yes, that is an error.
Josh Harrison --
Troubadour and Magic Theorist
Line Developer: Earthdawn

kosmit

Postby kosmit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:21 pm

In 4th Ed It is possible to spend karma on every talent or just discipline ones?
Duvvelsheyss

Mataxes
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mataxes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:31 pm

All talents you know through your Discipline(s).

You may not spend Karma on talents known through Versatility.
Josh Harrison --

LouProsperi

Postby LouProsperi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 am

Hello,

Did I miss something? Is there a full "pre-art" draft of the Player's Handbook floating around somewhere?

Thanks!

Lou

Mataxes
Site Admin

Postby Mataxes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:24 am

As a last sanity check before going to press (since we weren't going to hit GenCon), I opened up the opportunity for a limited number of KS backers to get a look at the pre-art layout draft to try and catch and squash last-minute bugs and errors.
Josh Harrison --

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:12 pm

I would have loved to get in on this, but between playing host to an international guest this month and my own GenCon prep, I simply did not have the time available. I probably won't have any mental cycles available at least until after GenCon is done, more likely not until September. That of course is assuming I ever get some cycles freed up. :crazy:

peterjk3

Postby peterjk3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:41 pm

I am only halfway through my proofread and first I'd like to say I really like all the changes. Some didn't make sense till later and some of these are quite a bit different than 1st edition which is what I last played and am playing now. Reading a book in the mindset of the old rules is a bit of a problem for me, I can say halfway through the book I did not pick up on the fact that you could spend karma on all talents in your discipline. I realized you could not on versatility and I'll assume not on windlings astral sight either?? So the only purpose of discipline talents is they are the ones you have to increase to go up a circle? So if you can use karma on discipline talents and talent options what is the point of some of the karma abilities? Cavalrymen can use karma on all charging attacks at 3rd circle. But apparently they already could. Can you spend multiple karma on actions eventually? Or is that just an added benefit for skills if you choose to use them? Thanks for the hard work. Really loving it and hope you will let us help with the other books too.

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm curious about the decision that led to arranging the chapters the way they are. Many books I've read explain the basics of the game, then explain, chapter by chapter, all the options available to create your character. The Character Creation chapter explains all the stages for creating a character, which is a great Table of Contents for the remainder of the book.

Mainly, I don't understand why Building your Legend isn't at the back of the book.

Return to “Product Discussion”