Developer's Blog 7/25/2014

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Trejes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Developer's Blog 7/25/2014

Postby Trejes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:42 am

Am I the only one who thinks a tree with a face in it is a bit to much Games of Thrones? As a cover picture? Just imagine people who don't know Earthdawn seeing the book in a store and thinking "Ah, a weirdwood, the book must be something about GoT, yeah! ... wait, what's Earthdawn? must be some shitty clone of GoT, nah..."

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to bitch around. I even thought for two days about how to write about it but came up with no good idea.
I just think the similarities are too obvious and it can do no good to Earthdawn to be mistaken for an other product.

Like the story but had to smile on page 16/ no 5 of the pdf, chapter 5: "...an ork, burly and bare-armed. ... He held a curved blade in his hand..."

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:59 am

Flowswithdrek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:27 am

I've read several of the Game of Throne books and watched most of the first series, even visited some of the movie sets. Nothing I seen in the artwork reminded me of GoT. Lord of the Rings, maybe a bit, but the tree isn't really that entish. The Questor in the foreground would have made the cover for me on its own, I think its great, the tree background doesn't do anything for me personally.

Heretikzer0

Postby Heretikzer0 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Since Earthdawn has been around far longer than Game of Thrones, I would expect something more along the lines of "Why did the set decorator for Game of Thrones copy Earthdawn?" :P
Heretikzer0
Earthdawn Enthusiast
http://earthdawnadepts.blogspot.com/

Slimcreeper

Postby Slimcreeper » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Honestly, I think Earthdawn's biggest risk is people looking at the games and thinking "Oh, another crappy DnD copy." It takes that second look to realize that it is a brilliant homage to DnD that carries its own weight.

Return to “Product Discussion”