[4ed] Character Sheet

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Panda

Re: [4ed] Character Sheet

Postby Panda » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:42 am

I'm currently working on a solution to presenting spells, likely in a card form. We will see if anything useful comes of it. Talents shouldn't be terrible by condensing them to just the basics, though all of the fluff will be lost.

Here is an attempt at what looks to be one of the more demanding talents:

Wilderness Survival
Step: Rank + PER
Action: Su (2 hours) Strain: 0
Find food, shelter, or water per test: 1 person/Success
Up to 4 tests per day.
Difficulty:
Badlands, Poison Wood, Wastes: 12
Blood Wood: 10
Hinterlands, jungle, mountains (highland): 7
Mountains (lowland), plains: 6
Forest: 5

Hopefully this is a little helpful.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Telarus_KSC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Telarus_KSC » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:44 am

Personally, I love the idea of cards & well designed character sheets. I'd definitely like to see your progress :)

Panda, your spell cards sound neat. Looking forward to that too.

Sethariel

Postby Sethariel » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:25 pm

So... here is one ED4 Character Sheet from Mordom & Ajfel - http://earthdawn.blogspot.com/2014/09/e ... sheet.html

Dougansf
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dougansf » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Qui_Revient_de_Loin

Postby Qui_Revient_de_Loin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:51 am

Another Earthdawn french fan :) and not fluent in english...
--
My ED campaign blog:

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:53 am

Thanks. Even though I don't know any French, I can figure out a lot of what's there. You certainly drew from a lot of sources.

I was basing a lot of my build off of the Pathfinder Fate rules. The skills are the 6 stats, and then there are lots of extras and stunts. Pathfinder even had a method for casting spells that goes well with the thread weaving stage of spell casting.

It started to break when I was figuring out how to implement talents (less useful Stunts) and Karma (less useful Fate Points). I felt it was starting to get too rules heavy to bother being Fate anymore.

Qui_Revient_de_Loin

Postby Qui_Revient_de_Loin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Well, implementing talent was a trap in which i've fallen first and i had to persuade myself to abandon it. It wasn't easy to swallow, at first, but the "free aspect as talent" works. PC aren't discipline anymore but they can live as mighty heroes in Barsaive, so what else ?

And since i'm lazy, it works for me :lol:

Spells were the same.

Karma point functions like in Lady Blackbird () for the aspect activation, and like Fate point for the compelling. It works pretty well, except for thee refreshment scenes (aka karmic scenes) that the PC don't really use.
Another Earthdawn french fan :) and not fluent in english...
--
My ED campaign blog:

Dougansf

Postby Dougansf » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Google Translate is helping me read the site. :)

Thanks again for sharing.

etherial

Postby etherial » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Return to “Product Discussion”