GM's Guide -- Anything you would like to see?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Digital Hermit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GM's Guide -- Anything you would like to see?

Postby Digital Hermit » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:48 am

Dear Mataxes,

I am sorry I have not read through this whole thread, so if this has already been considered, my apologies.

I would like to see in the 4th ED publications, when a new/unfamiliar word is introduced that it have a pronunciation key next to it.

I was thinking of a glossary at the end but that may be unnecessary (or maybe necessary for detailed publications about the races?)

Nevertheless, I still don't know if I am pronouncing the word "Kaer" correctly? :problem:

Best,

DH

Baravakar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Baravakar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Flowswithdrek

Postby Flowswithdrek » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Agreed on the Welsh Gaelic pronunciation "CARE". I found recently references to a Welsh Caer Wydyr (Fortress of Glass) in Taliesin's stories. This makes me think of , where a fort would be constructed with high silicate rock and clay as the wall materials, then they would pack the structure with brush and secret alchemy (or something) and burned it for a long time to turn the walls into a glassy ceramic. I'm using this as the basic construction technique the Therans taught to the people of Barsaive who didn't really have caves or good ground to dig out for their Kaer, as you could paint sigils of clay paint on the walls and then burn them into the structure permanently.

Return to “Product Discussion”