A new Developer's Blog? Why yes!

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Tattered Rags
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A new Developer's Blog? Why yes!

Postby Tattered Rags » Wed May 28, 2014 8:07 am

Is there a PD penalty for armor? I can't remember, but this discussion leads me to believe it doesn't.

In many games armor adds to your defense as an analog to damage reduction. In ED it actually reduces damage. Makes sense to me that a guy in full plate would be easier to hit than a guy in leather.

Roth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Roth » Wed May 28, 2014 9:56 am

Only penalty for armor is initiative. The more( heavier) you have the slower in combat you become.

Tattered Rags

Postby Tattered Rags » Wed May 28, 2014 10:00 am

Roth

Postby Roth » Wed May 28, 2014 10:23 am

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed May 28, 2014 11:18 am

Telarus_KSC

Postby Telarus_KSC » Wed May 28, 2014 11:26 am

Utsukushi

Postby Utsukushi » Wed May 28, 2014 12:34 pm

sirserafin

Postby sirserafin » Wed May 28, 2014 12:38 pm

It's pointless. I mean discussion. There are more factors to consider, not only ADH matter here.
Many talents will be Simple Actions (like Maneuver), we will get Spot Armor Flow earlier, Archers can add Flame Arrow Rank to Damage Tests, Obsidimen even with low Dex still have powerful blows because of their strenght - one word - adpets gonna make more damge.

Slowing down the combat? I don't think so. Maybe few more rolls per round but if you now can perform in one round actions you needed two in any earlier editions (like mentioned Maneuver - 1st round, attack - 2nd round) where you found the slowing down?

And for me the best armor is Blood Pebble 5/3 -1 Initiative, low cost - nothing beats it. Thread, forged version of it if available. Plus Espagra Cloak (3/1, -1 for second armor - [to devs: ] you should give some reason to make forbidden forging it and add more cloaks to items available to buy, cloaks should give similiar bonus as shields, don't you think?) and Crystal Buckler (1/1, 0) - perfect for Archers and other fighters with two-handed weapons.

More important thing than ADH is rule from 3ed - minimum Step number damage on Good Success that give you needed force to defeat opponent.

Personally I prefer bonus +2 per Success Level as many opponents have no armor or shield and then reaching ADH gives you NOTHING as there is no armor or shield to defeat.

Well, it looks a little unbalanced against creatures or Horrors with Armors ~20 but I count on some updates to their stats.
Making Extraordinary Success against 16 will need 31 (what is pretty easy to Archer even on 3ed Success Table - 33 roll needed) that gives +6 damage bonus, but process of killing creature with 26 armor seems to look really bad. Or typical Hydra with PD 10 (easy to defeat in 3ed) but Armor 25 - how to kill it on new rules?!

Roth

Postby Roth » Wed May 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Panda

Postby Panda » Wed May 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Espagra scale cloaks can no longer be stacked with other armor.
Earthdawn Developer and I have a gaming , though, let's face it, it is really an Earthdawn blog which also happens to have some reviews.

Return to “Product Discussion”